cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Infoview Error - Unable to retrieve Object. Out of memory.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created a new Crystal report which uses a Command object to pull information from a DB2 database via ODBC.

The report works fine through the the Crystal Reports application, so I have gone and added it to the BusinessObjects server using the Central Management Console web-app. However when I try and open the report in Infoview I get the aforementioned error.

Does anyone know if there is some configuration setting I need to change on the BO server so my report will run through Infoview? I feel I should mention my report runs very quickly indeed when I refresh it within the Crystal Reports app, which is running on the same server as the BO server.

Many thanks

John

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Do you have the DSN for the DB2 database set on the server machine?

I guess the Crystal reports developer and the Business Objects Server are on the different machine. If this is so then you need to have a DSN with the same name created on the server machine which will help the report to fetch the data in the report.

I hope this information helps you.

Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant

Yeah I have a DSN set up correctly. Although my Crystal reports development machine is different from the BO server i also have a copy of crystal reports on the BO server, and the report works perfectly on that.

This would indicate that the ODBC connection is working ok, and the problem is somewhere in the configuration of my BusinessObjects server.

Thanks

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just a quick update on this problem.

I have access to another BO server in another location and I have uploaded the report to that server using the CMC. Then when I access the report on that server through infoview it works no problem.

So there is obviously a configuration setting which is correct on this server which is what I need to change on the other one. I have looked through many of the options on the CMC application, but can't seem to find anything.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the same problem. How did you resolve your error?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has any one resolved this error?

I Have Service pack 5 installed on Crystal server and still have the same error.

Your help will be much appreciated.

Answers (0)