cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Commit work issue inside userexit while triggering sender proxy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We have a situation where in, a sender proxy is triggered inside the Userexit of a transaction. When we try to execute the proxy in a test program, the XML message is not reaching XI unless a commit work statement is put immediately after Proxy call method. But this solution cannot be incorporated inside the Userexit as that will commit the whole transaction. Also there are number of other methods triggered inside the Userexit after the Proxy is triggered.

Kindly respond to the below queries:

1. Is there a Standard commit after a userexit is triggered? if yes, shall that solve the problem?

2. Is there any solution other than commit work statement?

Thanks in Advance,

Zafar Ali

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Any userexit is part of a standard SAP program, every Standard SAP program esp any transaction like VA01, MIRO, ME21n etc will certainly have a commit work at the end of the transaction. or there will be a implicit commit work after a dialog step.

So when that commit work is executed, the proxy call wil be sent for sure.

So it will work if you don't put commit work in the userexit immediately after the proxy call.

regards,

Advait.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Advait Gode,

The problem has been solved.

Actually i have written the proxy call code in a Function Module including the COMMIT WORK statement, and Function Module was called as a seperate task in the User Exit program, so that the COMMIT WORK statement does not commit the original LUW.

Regards,

Zafar Ali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zafar,

Good to know that your problem was solved.

That's also one trick, we usually would do to achieve this.

I was waiting for your reply to see if the implicit commit work solved your problem otherwise was going to suggest you the same.

regards,

Advait