cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Accerss to InfoView Folder Structure

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a general question on InfoView.

I have an installation that will have 30 folders containing standard reports for 30 different groups. I need to allow users to view only the folder that pertains to their group and not any other. I donu2019t want managers in my area to see reports from other stores, and so I donu2019t want them to have to navigate through all of the folders, only the ones for their store. I have created an all users group to give everyone access all folders. I then add the stores group to their folder. Unfortunately they still see all other folders.

My fix is to have 2 groups for each store. One with the stores group, and one named u201CNotStorexu201D which contains the other 29 groups. I use this to remove access to the folder for the other 29 groups. This works but it seems cumbersome.

My question is there any way to grant only 1 group access to the folder? Being from a programming background what I am looking for an exclusive or for the folder. Does any such function exist?

Thanks in advance for any assistance that can be provided.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please post this query to the Business Objects Enterprise Administration forum:

That forum is monitored by qualified technicians and you will get a faster response there.

Thank you for your understanding,

Ludek

Answers (0)