Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

User Accerss to InfoView Folder Structure

I have a general question on InfoView.

I have an installation that will have 30 folders containing standard reports for 30 different groups. I need to allow users to view only the folder that pertains to their group and not any other. I donu2019t want managers in my area to see reports from other stores, and so I donu2019t want them to have to navigate through all of the folders, only the ones for their store. I have created an all users group to give everyone access all folders. I then add the stores group to their folder. Unfortunately they still see all other folders.

My fix is to have 2 groups for each store. One with the stores group, and one named u201CNotStorexu201D which contains the other 29 groups. I use this to remove access to the folder for the other 29 groups. This works but it seems cumbersome.

My question is there any way to grant only 1 group access to the folder? Being from a programming background what I am looking for an exclusive or for the folder. Does any such function exist?

Thanks in advance for any assistance that can be provided.

Former Member
replied

Please post this query to the Business Objects Enterprise Administration forum:

That forum is monitored by qualified technicians and you will get a faster response there.

Thank you for your understanding,

Ludek

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question