Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fetching Supervisor of an Org Unit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My scenario is,

I have an employee who belongs to an Org Unit. What we need to do is, get the approval of his direct supervisor and his manager (who is the supervisor of the direct supervisor). After getting this, I need to get the supervisor of new Org Unit. I have implemented a Loop which will get the supervisor of the a particular employee. When this continues, after fetching the manager of the current Org Unit, it fetches the HR Manager not going to the supervisor of new Org Unit.

Please suggest this could be acheived.

Regards,

Sathish M

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184495
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SM,

you would require to use FM's like RH_GET_LEADING_POSITION, this FM would give you the id number, pass this id number to FM RH_GET_OM*_POSITION, which would fetch you the agent.

Hope it helps.

Aditya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your question is confusing.

"I have an employee who belongs to an Org Unit. What we need to do is, get the approval of his direct supervisor and his manager (who is the supervisor of the direct supervisor). After getting this, I need to get the supervisor of new Org Unit"

Suppose employee x needs approval from his direct superior [say A] and A's direct superior [say B], I dont understand what you mean by "After getting this, I need to get the supervisor of new Org Unit". When you have already found A and B, what else do you need ?

Can you detail your needs ?

Edited by: Satish Kumar R on Oct 1, 2008 12:56 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Thanks for your response. I have explained the Organization structure below.

XYZ
    HR2
    Branch1
             Manager1
             Department
                      Supervisor1
     Branch2
              Manager2
              Department   
                     Supervisor2
                     Employee1

we are doing a scenario of employee transfer. what we need is after getting the approval from Manager2

we need to get the approval from Supervisor1 .

Please suggest this could be acheived.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Using the evaluation paths try to find

1. Superior org of Branch 2 -> XYZ

2. Get reporting orgs of result in 1. -> Branch1 Branch2

3. exclude the current org -> Branch1

4. For the remaing org try to find the supervisor. ->Supervisor1

You can use FM RH_STRUC_GET to achieve this.