cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lock not set for Hierarchy error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

We have a daily process chain which ended in errors. Following are details.

a particular infopack loads delta in 2 Char objects. The records were updated fine and the status of the request in the monitor is green. But in the details tab of the monitor, the processing shows that it ended with errors as following...

Hierarchy for characteristic is locked.

Lock not set.

I checked the locks and found there is nothing locking it.

The particular infoobject does not have a hierarchy.

When I tried to delete the request and run again it ends again similarly.

Can anyone please help me in this matter.

Thanks

Kumar.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member205352
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Run the attribute change run separately for both your infoobjects in the process chain.

Meaning give a delay between the two infoobjects attribute change run in the process chain.

Hope this helps.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

It is sometimes possible to give such error, when there is another infopackage which is running for other DataTarget might have just locked one of the object in your IP in question and released after few seconds or so.

Then system might have raised this error.

If you want to have check on this, start monitoring daily what are all other jobs that running while this load is going on.

Check the objects in SM37,SM12.

It is sometimes possible that, when attribute change run is still running in the PC and there is an aggregate rollup happening simultaneously this can also cause such error.

If you monitor these jobs carefully you will find answer by yourself.

Best Regards,

Madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have these chains running for years.

When this infopack is running there is no other chain or infopack loading in the system. I have checked the objects and the jobs running in SM37, there was nothing that should lock it out. Also checked in SM12 for any locks but nothing there too!

What happened is that the load went in to the infoobject, but the monitor showed this error in processing. However I went ahead with the next step which was an Attribute change run and completed the rest of the chain. Today the chains ran smoothly without any error. Might be once in a while error we get. But I will still research why?

Thanks for looking into it!

Kumar.