deepu_p2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

thanks

that link really helped

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Actually its the reverse of what has been explained by Mr.Brahmankar.

Extract from SAP Library:

"A significant feature of Sales & Operations Planning (SOP) is its multi-level capabilities. You can plan both top-down and bottom-up throughout a complex planning hierarchy. Thus, both centralized and decentralized planning are supported.

The functions that enable you to do this are known as aggregation and disaggregation. In SOP, aggregation is the process by which planning data at an aggregate level is generated through the totaling, copying, or averaging of key figure values at a more detailed level. Disaggregation, on the other hand, is the process by which planning data at a detailed level is generated through the distribution of key figure values from an aggregate level. "

What has been explained by Mr.Brahmankar is the disaggregation process.

Aggregation process is the bottom up process by which the planning data is generated at levels higher in the product group from the actuals of the level lower in the Product group.

You assign an aggregation factor to each material to indicate how its consumption quantities are weighted in the product group level.

Please refer document below for example on aggregation (A bit long but useful i guess)

http://jan.ucc.nau.edu/tlj3/SOP.doc

Regards,

Ashok

deepu_p2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

i can just give the aggregation factor as 1 or 2...........

how could i see teh difference.

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Aggregation

is the process by which planning data at an aggregate level is generated through the totaling, copying, or averaging of key figure values at a more detailed level.

If you have prduct A under which B&C products.

B has 1&2 as d and C has 3 &4 as products.

B&C can produced 50% each

1,2,3&4 can be produced 50% each

If product A has order of 1000

It will distributed or aggregated to 1,2,3&4 as 10000.50.5 and the qty of 1,2,3 and 4 will be arrived.

If you change the qty of product 1 and disaggregate the qty of the product A will be changes and allocated to changed qty.

Hope this will help

You can verify this link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005vp/helpdata/en/a5/632f3b43a211d189410000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

Regards,

R.Brahmankar