cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting date problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sir in tcode MIGO i am getting error postingb only possible in period 2008/9 & 2008/8 for company code XYZ [ Message no. M7053 ].What to do ?

I am on line.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Two things,

1) Check the posting date in the document that you are trying to post, make sure it is between the dates specfied.

2) Check MMRV and the posting periods for company code, is posting alllowed in previous period, and is disallow backposting generally ticked? If so, untick later. Also check periods open all properly in MMPV.

Thanks.

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

former_member529134
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Raghav

By standard SAP functionality postings are possible in current period and the previous period. From your error it is seen that your current period is 09.2008 and so system allowing postings on 09.2008 and 08.2008

Now you have to do the period closing activity in MMPV.

Even though we call it period closing transaction, what we do is we are opening the new period and then the previous period will automatically get closed.

Go to MMPV

Enter your Company code and either enter the period as 10 and fiscal year 2008 or enter the date 01.10.2008 and execute (F8) the transaction.

System wll issue the period closing log.

Now try doing the migo again.

Hope this helps

And to know the current period from materials point of view, go to MM03 and enter any of your material and you can see the current period in accounting view of the material master.

Regards

Gregory Mathews

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sir thanks , in accounting 1 view of material master my system is showing current period as 10 2008. Yet in tcode migo i am getting error message no.M7053 .What to do ?

I am on line.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am on line.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am on line.

former_member529134
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello do check in OB52 whether the FI posting periods are open.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to T code OBY6 and check what is your fiscal year varient. (K4).

Check whether you are posting for any special stock?

If so Go to OB52 and check that for your Cocd there should be current period with allowed sp stock posting possibility.

Try this also MMPV check allow back posting check box and try to do MIGO

0 Kudos

hi,

since u r doing MIGO in 10th month, so close the period for the 9th month(i.e., Previous month) in MMPV.

check in omsy and mmrv simultaneously ..! and try to do gr ..

0 Kudos

hi,

since u r doing MIGO in 10th month, so close the period for the 9th month(i.e., Previous month) in MMPV.

check in omsy and mmrv simultaneously ..! and try to gr ..

former_member581212
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

Question: posting only possible in period 2008/9 & 2008/8 for company code XYZ ...

Answer: As per your message the periods are currently open till 09 and year 2008...

You can recheck it in OMSY tcode for your co.code...

Now Go to MMPV --> Enter details like

Co.code - XYZ

Period - 10

Fiscal year - 2008

and execute(click the inner execute button first and then click the outer execute button)..when you click for first time ..the system will show a message that the fiscal year is not the current fiscal year...just after that click on outer execute button....

System will execute it and will show a log....

Then go on opening one by one for each period till you reach the current period of october...

Hope it helps...

Regards

Priyanka.P

Check the rules and assign points properly

Edited by: Priyanka Paltanwale on Oct 3, 2008 9:35 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi priyanka, where is inner execute and outer execute.

I am on line

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am on line

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to MMPV and enter your company code and today's date and execute

means you are closing the previous period and postine for the current period

in MMRV you can see the existing period and the after closing the period using MMPV you will see the period is updated in MMRV

former_member197616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You might have posting PO which is having the date not in 9th month.Change the document date to 9th month.

While entering the MIGO change the posting date to be in the 9th month and try to post.

Or else if the PO corresponding to 10th month close the period for 9th month at MMPV and try to post.

Hope this will solve your problem.If not please let me know.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

check the mm periods in omsy. and close the period

regards

vithal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sir i had used MMPV & OMSY yet i am getting message no. M7053.What to do.

U am on line

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check at TCode OB52 whether FI posting period is open or not.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Also check the message number under invoice verification messages.just read meaning of message first which will help in solving ur problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sir i am online waiting for reply.