Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inbound IDOC

anupam_srivastava2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All

Is there something in SAP, so I can convert data in .DAT file into and inbound IDOC

My requirement is I will be receving a .dat file, need to read data from that file, put into a custom made IDOC.

any suggestions.

AJ

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My question why do u require inbound idoc again.

What has to be done with the file data?

Can u explain your requirement?

but there is possibility

Rhea.

0 Kudos

Hi Rhea

I will be receving a .DAT file, the format the file would be something like this.

Fileheader - name and info about the file.

Data header - record type, action, order no, version, order confirm dt.etc

data detail segment - rec type, ord line, product code, shipped qty.

file trailler segment -

now this is a file send my Distribution company ...is a dispatch confirmation.

now I have to read the file, do the picking and do PGI, which should all be automatically done in SAP.

we have already a custom inbound IDOC, and function realated to it, which does this thing., another thing is it should be immediate, as we receive the file it should pick the file.

Any suggestion are most welcome.............

0 Kudos

i don't think there's a point to do this via Idoc.. just schedule a job to look for your file every X minutes and process it.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Its advisible to process the fiel directly and post data to R3 using the same functionality that is coded for posting the data to R3 in the inbound function module for the IDoc.

However, if you really want to create an IDoc from the data, then you will have to code this by yourself.

I.e process the file and move the data to respective data record segments and then call the master_idoc_distribute funtion . Here you will need to post the Idoc in the same system.

For this check point 7 How to Send and Receive an IDoc in the same system.

in Wiki -->ABAP Development > Data Transfers - LSMW, ALE, BDC > ALE,IDOC

regards,

Advait

0 Kudos

thanks

0 Kudos

thnaks