Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UWL and Using Object Visualization with ABAP WD

ramki_maley
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

In a User Decision step I need to display the Object/Class link that appears as an attachment in UWL using WDA. I have made an entry in the SWFVISU for my Custom Class and method EXECUTE_DEFAULT_METHOD. Performed the Re-Register and Clear Cache in the Portal but do not see an entry for the class in any of the configuration files for the back end system. Re-starting the Portal server has no effect either. (I have also tried with Visualization Type 'NONE - Object Not Represented' with the same result and cannot suppress the link). The issue is same in the DEV and Sandbox environments mentioned below.

SAP EP 7.0 - SP13( DEV), SP16 (Sandbox)

Back End: BASIS/ABA - 700/14(DEV), 700/16 (Sandbox)

I also need to know how to specify/define the Class Key Attribute as a parameter for the visualization rather than WI_ID.

Thanks,

Ramki Maley.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ramki_maley
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The Method field should not be populated in SWFVISU for Object Visualization. The Object entries are not visible in Portal like they are for Task Visualization

The Refresh is working now.

Defined Custom Attributes in UWL for passing to WDA.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is the attachment visible in the UWL? (Not sure if I understood your post correctly.) At least you say that you want to display an attachment in UWL?

As far as I understand you don't really have to do anything in order to display the object/class as an attachment in UWL (_if it is in your task container_). The only thing that counts is that you have not disabled the attachments in the UWL iView configuration - if you (or someone else) have done it, then the attachment link is not visible.

Then if the object is visible, you can start playing with SWFVISU, and define a "visualization" for your object/attachment. And sorry if I misunderstood you.

Regards,

Karri

ramki_maley
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Karri,

Yes, the attachment is visible in UWL. What I need to do is launch a WDA when the user clicks on the link. The entries I make for Object Visualization in SWFVISU are not coming through to portal. That is, I cannot see any entries coming through to UWL Configuration like they do for Task Visualization.