cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restart the server in debug mode: How to drop saved passwords?

christoph_pohl
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

In NWDS server pane, I entered a wrong password when trying to restart my SAP AS Java in debug mode. Now I only get exceptions "com.sap.enginemanagement.UnauthorizedException: Incorrect login information provided" without a chance of changing the entered credentials. Restarting NWDS didn't work.

Any ideas?

Thx,

Christoph

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi Christoph,

are you talking about the "Java EE" perspective and the "Servers" view within it? I tried it out and it does not behave properly.

Try the "SAP Management" perspective. Within the left hand tree open your system, expand the instance starting with "J..", expand the "AS Java" node and select the "Process Table" node. In the right hand table select the server0 process and chose from the context menu "Start Debug Session".

The SAP JVM offers some extra debug options. Expand the "Expert Mode" in the modal dialog. If you want to debug web applications select "code isolation" and unselect all other options. A password dialog will appear and you must enter the credentials for the operating system user, not for the AS Java administrator.

One table column is labeled "Debug", there you can see the currrent debug port.

Either you start now a "Remote Java Application Debug" debug session or you have a Java EE project and can create a "SAP Application" debug session.

Anyway to see your application threads in the debugger you have to access your web application with a special debug URL.

If your URL looks like this: "http://localhost:50000/myapp" you have to insert a debug token beween host part and the path and the URL becomes "http://localhost:50000/@@@DEBUG@@@/myapp". If you miss to modify the URL you will not see any thread.

If you want to get a "normal" debug behaviour just deselect all options in the debug dialog. You will see all threads, you do not have to modify your URL, but the server will restart after you detached the debugger.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards, Stefan

Edited by: Stefan Bodenstein on Oct 1, 2008 12:00 PM

Answers (0)