Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Status in Project Builder: Display Only

EMJ
Explorer
0 Kudos

Good morning! I am attempting to set up authorizations in a role which will prevent users from changing the system status on a WBS element in Project Builder (CJ20N). I have set the following authorization objects to "Display" activity only.

C_AFKO_ACT

C_AFKO_DIS

C_AFVG_APL

C_AFVG_TYP

C_PROJ_KOK

C_PROJ_PRC

C_PROJ_TCD

C_PROJ_VNR

C_PRPS_ART

C_PRPS_KOK

C_PRPS_KST

C_PRPS_PRC

C_PRPS_VNR

When I test the role, the option to go to the Project Builder: User-Specific options, and modify the Editing mode (Change/Display) is still active. I just do not see where I can set this option to Display only, and then lock this option out so users cannot select the Change mode. I have already spent a lot of time researching this issue, with no resolution. Any suggestions?

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ellen

A couple of questions

1. When the users try to change the editing mode, do they get a no auth message?

2. If users can get into edit mode, can they save any changed?

0 Kudos

Hi, Alex, thanks for responding. The users do not receive a no authorization message when they change the editing mode, and yes, they can save any changes. What is interesting is that I started making changes to other authorization objects under "Controlling" and I think I'm getting closer, I've limited users to be able to set the "Lock" status only, so once I find out how to restrict that option, I think I'm golden.