cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wait for Event not being picked up by workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a purchase order workflow that has a parallel branch with a wait for event of 'Released' on it. The theory is that if a PO is released the workflow will finish. We have a situation where POs are created then released straight away by an idoc. In the event log we can see the release step created event and it correctly starts the workflow however the released event follows at exactly the same time and the workflow does not seem to notice this so it sends a released PO to a user to be released. I hope this makes sense. Can anyone think of a reason why this might be happening? Does it need a slight delay between the two events? In SWEINST the linkage is active and when I look at the entry for one of these POs it tales me to the correct workflow.

Thanks

Rob

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You could possibly create a check function module for the event. In the check function module you check some specific variable (if there is something you can use) - for example if the event was created by a certain user or if the PO is a certain type(?). Then if your condition is fulfilled, you raise an exception and no event will be triggered => no workflow.

This is just one possible solution.

Regards,

Karri

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will either look at creating start conditions or implement a terminating event on the task.

Thanks

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This happens if the PO is released immediately after the Releasestepcreated event. What you can do is, for the task (witem) that you are sending the user, put the "Released" event as Terminating event and so, when "Released" is triggered, the witem automatically vanishes from the user's inbox, even before he sees it.

Hope this helps

venu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rob,

You can create one another event " ZXXX" to indicate when After they are being created for the IDOC .