cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.NET dll incompatibilities

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm developing a series of Crystal Reports in Visual Studio .NET 2005. They work fine on my development environment (PC running Windows Vista). When I publish them to my Windows 2000 production server however, I recieve the following error:

Could not load file or assembly 'CrystalDecisions.Web, Version=11.5.3700.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

I can see that this is because the version of CrystalDecisions.Web on my server is 11.5.3300.0 but I can't seem to find a way of upgrading to get my VS2005 projects working.

What do I need to do to upgrade the Crystal Reports dlls on the server?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you installed the runtimes of Crystal Reports XI R2 on server.

If not and if reports were develop in CR XI R2 then install it from [here|http://resources.businessobjects.com/support/additional_downloads/runtime.asp#06].

Hope that helps!!

Regards

Amit

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Assembly of version 11.5.3300.0 is for framework 1.1. As yo are using .NET 2005, your assemblies should be of version 11.5.3700.

The correct msi will install the correct version of the CR runtime, if the correct framework is found. Since you do not see assemblies of version 11.5.3700, there are three reasons I can htink of as to why not:

1) it may be that either the framework is not on the computer

2) the framework was installed after the CR runtime

3) The wrong MSI was used. CrystalReports11_5_NET_2005.msi is for .NET 2005 and

CrystalReports11_5_NET.msi is for .NET 2003.

Ludek