cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goods Receipt through DTW - price problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to import goods receipts (oInventoryGenEntry) through DTW, but when I insert a price for an item, I get some error message Method '' of object '' failed65171.

My import file is as follows:

Documents:

Recordkey

Docentry

DocDate

Documents_lines:

Recordkey

AccountCode

ItemCode

Price

Quantity

WarehouseCode

Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you post one of your sample DTW data? It will be easier to tell the differences to correct.

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here's the data I'm trying to import:

Documents:

Recordkey: 1

Docentry: 1

DocDate: 20080901

Documents_lines:

Recordkey: 1

AccountCode: _SYS00000000468

ItemCode: 933

Price: 53.72

Quantity: 214.60

WarehouseCode: 02

If I simple remove the price, the import goes well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you need to upload price, try to add currency too. They are together.

Thanks,

Gordon

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the Document template....you should leave the DocEntry column blank.

In Admin > System Init > Document Settings > General Tab.........Please Uncheck Calculate the Row Total using Unit Price

try to import now

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just tried that - added the currency on both the document and the document_lines, but still the same error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to omit the Docentry. It is assigned by system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

And removing the docentry also leaves the same error message..

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't know if this can help, but I am trying to import the opening balance for the items. So there's only master items in the database, with no quantities and prices for the moment.. that's why I am using the goods receipt.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The easy way for you now is just upload the quantity without price. You can revalue them by another template oMaterailRevaluation

Check SAP's suggestion:

Load Inventory Beginning Balances via DTW

In the workbench, the process contains 2 stages:

1. Loading of the initial quantities for all items using the Stock Taking object in the DTW.

2. Perform Stock Posting manually using Inventory u2192 Inventory Transactions u2192 Beginning Quantities and Cycle Counting u2192 Stock Posting. This stage will create the stock transaction and the appropriate Journal Entry to reflect the stock value in the GL.

In the stock posting, the same rules apply for determination of the item cost prices as in manual process.

The quantities you loaded will appear as counted. For the beginning quantities, the difference should be zero.

Make sure the date is set for the day you go live.

o The increasing and decreasing accounts are defaulted from the G/L account determination. For the beginning balances only, you should overwrite these accounts with the opening balance account.

o If you donu2019t use the Continuous Stock System, only quantity transactions will be created, no journal entries.

Since the stock accounts are affected, you must consider these amounts when creating the G/L opening balances.

If a variance remains after reconciliation between SAP Business One and the legacy system, for example, due to different prices, you have to correct this difference manually.

It is recommended practice to follow documents of SAP.

Thanks,

Gordon

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The columns that you have pasted as a sample earlier........are they all the columns which have values or are these additional columns with values..

Can you check if the DTW version matches with your SBO version?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The columns pasted as sample data are all the columns which have values.

My SBO version is SAP Business One 2007 A (8.00.163) SP: 00 PL: 11 and the DTW version is 2005.0.17 with API version 8.0.163. And I had installed DTW along with SBO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Probably you need to upgrade your PL soon. The first official stable PL start with 30 for 2007A.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found the source of the problem - setting the currency property to No Rounding under administration solved the problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veronique

Renaming in the template won't help. In DTW you must change the mapping from Price to Unit Price field.

Kind regards

Peter Juby

Former Member
0 Kudos

After renaming the field to UnitPrice, I have checked the mapping, and DTW has automatically mapped it to a UnitPrice field in SAP.

Or is there additional settings to be made?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Veronique,

Try using UnitPrice instead of Price. Also you need to use "." as decimal separator.

Hope it helps,

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, still the same problem. I use "." as decimal separator, and I have renamed column price to UnitPrice in the document_lines file, but still no success..