cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

asset depreciation

Former Member
0 Kudos

< MODERATOR: Message locked. Please post this message in the [Asset Accounting forum|;. >

Hi ALL,

I have the problem about Asset Depreciation issue.

An asset is purchased at 01.01.2005 with value of Rs. 50000. The life of the asset is 5 years. So every year the system depreciates Rs.10000. By the end of 5th year (31.12.2009) the asset will depreciate 100%. The net value will be Rs.0.

The issue comes when subsequent acquisitions happened to this issue, for ex: you have added another Rs.20000 on 01.01.2007, the system starts depreciate on this subsequent asset from 01.01.2007 only. It means by the end of 5th year (31.12.2009) the net value will be 8000.

The requirement is there should not be any value at end of 5th year. We need 100% depreciation on the subsequent acquisitions also.

Thanks

Rl

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

rl

u can asseign depreciation key in sub asset wise GUG.

this is used for fully depreciation 100% in the year

this settings are done in AFAMA.

i think ur problem is solved..

regards

prasad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not clear on what u want to know.

Please clarify.

regards,

former_member348872
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check AFAMP, setting in "Additions" column will determine this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I was check t.code AFAMA .But there we need to mentation base line method and Multilevel Method .

Please help

Thanks

RL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are facing the same issue.

We take care of the situation in the following manner:

We make all additional acquisitions by creating sub asset number for main assets. Then depending upon the remaining life of the main asset, we change the depreciation key of the sub asset such that at the end of the life of the main asset all subassets will also be fully depreciated.

We have created one depreciation key where depreciation is calculated on the basis of life instead of percentage to take care of such assets.

Since we do not permit end users to change depreciation key, depreciation key for all such sub assets is changed by the core team immediately before the depreciation run for the month and then configuration settings are restored so that end users cannot change depreciation key.

regards,

Swati Taori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swathi,

Yur are right ,but my problem is i need explain to user how to create depreciation key related my issue and subaccount .my depreciation is 5 years for 50000 RS and additational amount is 20000 Rs,it is 3 years .

Please tel he stap by stap. i am confusing.

help on this

Thanks

Rl

Edited by: RL1999 R on Oct 1, 2008 8:01 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You have create a another asset & process.