Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Program ID in RFC destination-XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

can any one tell me

for RFC sender channel purpose i'm creating RFC destination in SM59. through sap help and some other weblogs i'm trying create Program iD,but i'm getting some doubts on this:

1. How do i know corrosponding programID for this register server program?

2.How do i know sender system is Unicode system is or not?

Auctully my scenrio is RC--->JDBC, thats the reason i'm trying to create RFC destination in r/3 side..

regards

rambarki

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Program Id can be any string that you wish to use...

However, you have to make sure the Program IDs are same in the RFC destination as well as the RFC sender channel....

To check whether the system is unicode or not, choose the menu option...System --> Status..in the popu screen , there is a entry in the "SAP System Data" group saying whether the system is a unicode system or not...

Thanks,

Renjith

Former Member
0 Kudos

as Renjith said, program id should be same in SM59 and XI RFC sender adapter. Once your XI components activated, sender RFC adapter will registers itself with program id specified, on SAP gateway. You can test this by using 'Test Connection' in SM59 for your RFC destination.. If it is registered the test connection will go fine otherwise it will give an error.

Regards

Anand

Message was edited by: Anand Torgal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

thnaks for ur suggestions..

I created new connections and given same program id in rfc sender adapter and r/3 destination..it seems to be ok..channels working fine but i'm unable to see any payloads in sxmb moni and message monitor..

jdbc channel showing not processing any data..may be i need to check r/3 tables w'ther data is therre or not/

regardss..rambarki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rambarki,

check in RWB->Message Monitoring->Choose Adapter Engine->Display do you see any messages there ?

Also do you get any errors on R/3 when you execute RFC ?

Regards

Anand

Message was edited by: Anand Torgal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand

i have checked i didn't get any message in RWB, and i didn't find any errors while executing the RFC..

may be i'm wrong with executing the RFC..tell me how does it'll execute? how do i know it is executing or not?

becuase i jsut created connection and given program id only..so how does we know exactly that RFC executing or not?

regards..rambarki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rambarki,

Is your scenario sysnchronous or asynchronous ?

if your scenario is asynchronous then from ABAP program you can call your RFC using the following syntax...

CALL FUNCTION 'RFCNAME'

DESTINATION 'RFCDESTNAME'

EXPORTING ...

IN BACKGROUND TASK .

for synchronous scenarios use this

CALL FUNCTION 'RFCNAME'

DESTINATION 'RFCDESTNAME'

EXPORTING ...

IMPORTING ...

You also try using SE37..

In SE37 enter name of your RFC and press on execute..

then enter your RFC destination name , input parameters..and execute.

Is test connection working fine in SM59 ?

Take look at this thread aswell

Regards

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rambarki,

Go to SXMB_ADM and the Integration Configuration option and under the RUNTIME specific option create an entry for

RUNTIME LOGGING_SYNC 1 (0 is default).

regards

Shravan

Answers (0)