cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inbound proxy message serialization

0 Kudos

hi, i have an inbound proxy on SAP (ECC) which receives batch data. i need to serialize this i/b flow of data on SAP which come here through XI from one legacy system. appreatiate earliest response.

best regards

neeraj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

I have managed to solve this after some R&D.

0 Kudos

There is a validation system which sends data via XI to ECC. XI transfers this data to ECC using an ABAP proxy. What do i do on ECC to ensure serialization on ECC for the incoming data ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah, thats fine, but what is the format in which the validation system sending data to XI ?. You might have configured a sender adapter in XI for that system to send the data to XI right ? So in the Sender communication channel, you specify EOIO as quality of service and give a queue name ( can be any anything )

example

Validation system--

>Sender CC
>XI(IE)
---->ECC

( with EOIO n queue name QUEUE1)

Once you do this, the same queue will be used to transfer data from XI to ECC as well thus ensuring that data is received in the same order as it was sent.

I hope this helps you.

regards,

Advait

0 Kudos

Hi, let me explain the scenario in brief. There is a Non-SAP system sending inspection lot results and batch attribute data to ECC via XI. There is a ABAP proxy communication between XI (Forwarder) --> ECC (Receiver). This data is updated in some tables on ECC. If the first data message fails on ECC, ECC should communicate back to XI to stop forwarding subsequent inspection lot results and batch attribute messages. This means, when an error is raised on ECC, it should communicate it back to XI (exception can be raised in SXMB_MONI) to stop subsequent messages. Is there any functionality available that XI reads this signal and stops the subsequent message flow ?

Best Regards

Neeraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

hI,

It would depend on whether the target application supports EOIO, but yes it is entirely possible through XI. Quality of service would dbe EOIO on everything.What technology would source and target systems be using in both of these scenarios ? BAPI/RFC, IDoc, proxy, or something else. If source and target application and adapter support EOIO, it will work.

regards,

Surya

0 Kudos

Hi Surya,

Receiving system is SAP ECC and data comes in through SAP XI - SOAP Adapter. Both support EOIO. So, what do i have to do on ECC in order to serialize incoming data ? I am using Inbound ABAP Proxy.

Best Regards

Neeraj

Edited by: Neeraj Gokhale on Sep 30, 2008 4:23 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the type of sender adapter ? You can specify the queue name in the sender communication channel if you selec the Quality of service as EOIO in the processing parameters, this will ensure that the data is always sent to the same queue when it is processed, thus ensuring serialization.

regards,

Advait.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this on Queuing on ABAP Proxies

REgards

Seshagiri