Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Suppress previous group footer

Hi,

I have to compare 2 group footers to eachother.

When some values in the group footer are the same both group footer must be suppressed.

- I can put the values from group footer 1 into some variables.

- Compare the variables with the values in group footer 2.

- suppress group footer 2 when the values are the same.

But how can i suppress the first group footer?

With records i can use previous and next, but is it also possible with group footers?

Maybe there is someone who can help me with this. The only thing i think i can do is add the groupings to a sql-command and handle it like records, but when we do this the whole report must be rebuild.

Joris

Former Member
Former Member replied

Its looks like you are nearly there.

As per my previous answer, I think you need to count the number of group 6's within each group 5. If the count is greater than 1 then the section is a duplicate and can be suppressed.

You can do this with a running total within a detail section that evaluates on each change of group 6 and resets on group 5.

Group 6 can be suppressed for all occurances - no need to test this group, just hide it in the report completely.

Where you have 2 group 6's in a group 5 I am expecting the information to be duplicated anyway. That is why I suggested moving the fields from the group 6 footer to the group 5 footer.

The only problem I can see with this is if you have sums in group 6. If you move them to group 5 , you may not see the same value as it may be adding the values from more than one group 6.

Hope this is a help.

Richard

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question