cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planned order without source

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The standard behavior in APO is that when an order is created in APO, it creates with an internal number, then it goes to R/3 and gets the R/3 order number to APO and replaces the internal number by the R/3 number.

If I create a planned order in APO without an active PPM, then I have no source assigned in the planned order details.

Now, the question is does the system still goes to R/3 and gets the R/3 order number to replace the APO internal order? If not why?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is immaterial whether PPM is attach with planned order or not, it has the same process " when an order is created in APO, it creates with an internal number, then it goes to R/3 and gets the R/3 order number to APO and replaces the internal number by the R/3 number CIF it back to APO.

In R/3 also for planned order with lead-time scheduling and without lead-time scheduling.

With lead-time scheduling it will explore Routing and take operation time in account while scheduling order.

With PPM your order will have detail scheduling based on operation time in PPM.

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai and Manish,

I tested it in our test system and when I have no PPM activated (status blank and there by no source in planned order details), the internal number just stayed on even after saving and refreshing multiple times. Even I ran a delta report to push it to R/3, it never went through. But when I activated the PPM and created another order and saved, it went through and got a R/3 number with in seconds.

This was the reason why I was questioning if R/3 checks source before assigning a number.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hm..Ealier I tested the scenario by manually creating an order with Inactive PPM but now I tested by running location Heuristic still I see the R/3 number.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

Looks like you are right. I did another test. I deactivated the PPM and then created a planned order and it too didn't have any source. But guess what when I saved, it got the R/3 number in seconds.

What I noticed is that we have PPMs with the status "blank". I am wondering what he blank means? Once I set it to active or inactive, I can't get the blank again, as it is grayed out.

The system is getting R/3 number if it is either active or inactive but not when the status is blank.

Any one has any idea what this bank status means??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Staus Blank you will only get when all the data are not filled in the fields while creating PPM like description of PPM.

As soon as you filled details it will shown Inactive status and later you can activate it by Shift + F8 and status will change to active.

Manish

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Even if you create a planned order without the source of supply, still it will create the planned order and that goes to R/3 and in return an R/3 number will be assigned to it. I have just tested this in my system