cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New manually field in the Web-UI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts.

I have a field that is manually added in the database.

What I have to do to display this field in the Web-UI? I read something about BOL and GENIL. But Iu2019m not sure, what I have to do exactly.

Thanks in advance.

Elpis

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member813607
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Elpis,

How you added that custom field ?. manually using append structure or using EEWB ?.

If you used EEWB the field should be available in the BOL layer and you can easily add into the web UI via BSP_WD_CMPWB

else you have to take care of the manual insertion and updation of the field from UI.

Regards, Sudeep..

xavier_dehairs2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I'll make it short since detailed explanation could take a while, but in summary what you'll need to do is:

1. Add the field to DDIC structure that is linked to your Context Node (check attribute Base_entity_name in the CN class to see to which BOL object it is linked, and behind this BOL object there is a DDIC structure).

2. Via the wizard, add a new attribute to your context node, which will be your newly created attribute

3. The new attribute will be available in the UI configuration tool afterwards

To implement this, you'll need to learn the basic UI framework and the Enhancement concepts to be sure that you'll do it in the correct way. For more info, check help.sap.com.

Regards,

Xavier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is this new added field available in BOL . First check it BOL Browser by Tcode GENIL_BOL_BROWSER.If it is available it also will be available in Context Node attribute of related BOL.

If ot is then Make a view configuration for ur view and from available fields u can add this new added field in ur view.

If u want to do some operation with this field like retrive data or want to create any dropdown like thing u need to enhance that component as well as view where u r using this view and then create GETER/SETER method which one u required for this view.

U can find this field from context node attribute.

Regards

Gaurav