Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization Check in BI7 using ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

i've got a question regarding how to check authorizations in BI7 using ABAP.

How do i check authorizations?

In Detail: I want to check, whether a user has the appropriate authorization to access an company code. For that i created an authorization in resecadmin restricted to one single company code. My user has this single authirization assigned.

In my coding i tried using 'RSEC_GET_AUTH_FOR_USER_MDATA' but it returns an empty table.

Any ideas how to check the authorizations?

Thanks & best regards,

Daniel

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

If B17 is a transaction then maybe you could try running it, and then running transaction SU53 afterwards. If it works you should see which auth checks have been performed.

Sorry but i've no clue what B17 is here

Hope it works...

0 Kudos

oh. im sorry for not specifying it at this point.

With BI7 i want to say "SAP Business Warehouse, SAP BW Release 7". Sorry for the confusion.

In systems until release 3.5 there had been authorization objects. As BI 7 changed to Analysis Authorizations the concept of "PERFORM CHECK_AUTH" doesn't work any longer.

Here is some description, but the i can't get the functions running:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/bi/authorization%2bin%2bsap%2bnw%2bbi

Br,

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

we have BI 7.3 and its new authorzation objects in use.

I need a possibility to determine via ABAP the for the user allowed values concerning one infoobject.

Has anybody an idea?

I tried following functions, but without any results (empty tables)

RSEC_GET_AUTH_FOR_USER

RSEC_GET_AUTH_FOR_USER_MDATA

RSEC_GET_AUTH_HIER_FOR_USER

regards

Frederike

0 Kudos

Hi,

I Parameter ID concept would be helpful if only few users need to be authorised to use it.

0 Kudos

Hi,

what is a parameter ID Concept?

I need to determine the authorization values of every user using for example the reports.

regards

Frederike

0 Kudos

I found a solution. The Fuba RSSB_AUTHORIZATIONS_OF_USER deliver the suitable results.

regards.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using RSEC_GET_AUTH_FOR_USER and it works fine as long as I test with rsudo testuser. 

E_T_RANGESID gives back the authorized characteristic values.

But I have a problem with users with *-authorization. ET_RAGESID is empty and an exception is thrown "not authorized".

So, the coding doesn't work properly if I test with my own user, but yes, works in case that user has explicitly limited values. (btw, fetch the user via FM RSEC_GET_USERNAME beforehand).

I think I'll overcome this problem (maybe in connection with param I_NO_WARNINGS).

I'll keep you informed, though it's pretty late for Daniel or even you I guess...

(But maybe somebody else is interested...)

0 Kudos

Hi, yes, RSSB_AUTHORIZATIONS_OF_USER suits definitely better, thanks