cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Creation of UI in adobe forms??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need to create a dynamic interactive form and dynamic UI elements in the interactive form.

As per my requirement I need to display a pdf and I will be getting values from the RFC's. I need to show the form segments and the UI elements only when there's a data from the RFC else not. I am unable to understand whether this requirement needs generation of the UI elements dynamically or I can do it statically as well.

The form thus generated will be having data from the RFC which based on the data quantity may exceed to n number of pages.

In case it needs dynamic creation can you suggest me please how to achive it in interactive forms?

Helpful answers will be appreciated.

Warm Regards,

Gaurav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can create these elements statically and just set the "pressence" attribute to "hidden" and when you get these values from the RFC just have some javascript to make whatever elements you want on the screen visible.

Regards

Thashin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Thashin,

Thanks for you kind response. I understand what you said and I have tried doing that even but there are some clarifications that I will need for the same:

1. When I am making the fieldu2019s (sub form in my case) presence as "hidden" still it's taking space in the form which I don't want. Is that possible?

2. According to my requirement the data may flow to n number of pages. I wish this could be achieved but I don't know how?

3. I have many UI elements in the form as I need to populate more than 80 values from the RFC, so I need to populate the values in the form only when there's some data else these UI elements will be invisible and also they won't take the space in the form thus reducing the page numbers.

Also, In case the data is more in quantity the form field will automatically expand as per the data size.

I just wanted to know is that all possible by static creation only or I will need to generate the form and the UI elements dynamically.

Will appreciate a quick response from your side.

Sincere Regards,

Gaurav

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Gaurav,

Make the Subform Content property in Object palette to Flowed. This way if you hide the elements they will not occupy space on form.

Also if you have such a big UI and with all manipulations it needs its advisable to use Web Dynpro. Any reason for doing the development in Adobe?

Chintan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Its all possible by static creation of the form.

Below find some answers for your questions..

1) When you make a field "hidden", it's doesn't occupy the space; however if you have some other field that has to take the first field's space if it doesn't have value then wrap the fields in a subform with property "Flowed".

2) If you want your form's data to be flowed into multiple pages, make sure the outermost subform "Page1" is set to "Flowed" NOT "Positioned".

3) In case the data is more in size, use the property "Expand to fit" for height and width of the fields. Keep the height and width small. In case you do not want a field to expand after a certain width or height, wrap in a subform of your choice of size and uncheck the options "Autofit".

Hope it helps!

Regards,

Priyanka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks a lot for all your helpful replies and confirmations. As I am designing the form static only now I am facing an issue like:

- I have two subforms say subForm1 and subForm2. subForm2 is under subForm1 and when I am trying to put some data into the text field under the subForm2 it's, although going to the next page which I want but it's giving a scroll in the text filed which I don't require.

The form properties are:

subForm1:-

Flow content

Allow page breaks

Place: following previous-----> what this means I don't know???

After: Continue filling parent--->No idea what this means??

Repeat sub form min count is 1

Height: Expand to fit is true.

The same is for subForm2

I don't want the scroll to appear in the text. I got a blog over it also but was unable to comprehend it.

[Adobe Interactive Forms: page breaks, long texts and formatting|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/8139] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Can you please suggest me where I am going wrong?

Helpful answers will be appreciated.

Warm Regards,

Gaurav

sankar_narayana
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

subForm1:-

Flow content

Allow page breaks

Place: following previous-----> This means when you are repeating the subform the previous one should be followed.

Say you have a table and have 3 columns in it.

After 1st column is completed, the next column should come with 1st comun

After: Continue filling parent--->Continously fill the data with the parent element

Repeat sub form min count is 1 : Minimum of 1 line item will be printed

Height: Expand to fit is true.: If the field height is increased it automatically expands.

For help in Adobe Press F1 or Goto Help--> Adobe Designer Help in Adobe Designer

After installing Adobe Designer, goto the specific folder

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Designer 8.0\EN you can get sample documents.

For help press F1 after opening designer.

Sub Form1: Content--> Flowed, Flow direction --> Top to bottom

Binding --> Check the checkbox Repeat Subform for each data item

Subform 2: Content --> Positioned, No pagination No binding settings changes needed.

Hey i forgot to mention the Header Subform where you create all these subforms should be flowed.

Try it once like this and lte us know

Edited by: Sankar Narayana on Oct 3, 2008 5:06 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sankar,

Thanks a lot for all the information. Although I solved the problem before the solution (sorry forgot to mark answered) but the information you gave was really very helpful. Thanks again.

I just need one more clarification:

Is it possible to repeat a subForm in each and every page?? Like I am having 4 segments in a page the size of segments depends on the value from RFC's. In case the value is more a UI will expand and so the page number will increase but as we go to the second page I want the first segment to be there at the top as a header. At rest of the page the data will continue.

If you can give me any idea, that will b appreciated.

Warm Regards,

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

I have a similar problem to what you experienced and was wondering if you could help me out since I see that you have solved your issue. I basically have two text fields. I have them both wrapped in a "flowed" subform. If there is data in the first field, I only want the first field to print, and I want to supress the 2nd field so that it does not take up space on the form.

Likewise, if there is no data in the first field, but there is data present in the 2nd field, I want to supress and hide the 1st field (so that it does not take up space) and print and move the 2nd field up.

I tried to set the subform that contains both of these field to "Flowed" and then make the presense of each individual field within the subform "hidden", but this does not work. Do you have any suggestions for me?

Thank you,

Mandy

Answers (0)