cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Infoprovider text in report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a query running against a Multiprovider. Our users want to see which source the key figures are picked from and to achieve this I have added the InfoProvider InfoObject from the Data Package Dimension in the BEX Query designer. When I run the report only the key of the InfoProvider InfoObject is displayed in the report not the InfoProvider name (text).

On the Display tab on the Infoprovider InfoObject properties in the Bex Query designer it is not possible to choose text (only "key" or "no display").

As our users have no relationship with the Infoprovider key we need to display the text instead. Is there an easy way to do this?

By the way: When I look at the Characteristic Values of the InfoProvider InfoObject it is able to display both the key and text, but I have not managed to get this text into the report.

Please help,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you find a solution ? Or did you change the 0InfoProv infoObject ? Or did you create a virtual characteristic ?

Regards,

Dieu

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was not able to change the 0INFOPROV object as I could not change the display setting under the Business Explorer tab, so no solution was found yet. If you have additional suggestions I would be happy to hear it.

Thanks

former_member418141
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Open BEx Query Designer, select your object (click on it), goto properties, select display ... show as: text; longtext.

After doing, your provider will be shown with its description.

Greets

TOM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tom,

Why don't u check the solution you propose ?

There is NO text available !!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Odd,

Though not really sure with this idea but I guess the text can be displayed by creating a Customer Exit variable on 0infoProv infoObject.

In the exit define the text for the infoCubes involved in your multiprovider.

Regards

Shalabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do not understand how defining an exit variable would help ?!

mike_howles4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Probably a Virtual Characteristic would work also.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do agree with the idea of a virtual characteristic, but not with the exit variable !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oops !

I have made a blunder. I thought it as a text display on the header of the column.

Apologies

Regards

Shalabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You cant view the description of the infocube in the query.

Regards

Gattu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If in the Business explorer tab, you have made the default to text and key you should be able to change it on the query level.