cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Understanding Shortage Accruals

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I want to understand more about how shortage accruals is carried out in SAP Retail area and how the whole process works.

regards

mohammed

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

hnmuralidhara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed,

The assignment of an organization's receipts and expenditure to particular periods, for purposes of calculating the net income for a given period.

A distinction is made between:

Accruals: An accrual any expenditure before the closing key date which represents an expense for any period after this date.

Deferred income is any receipts before the closing key date which represent revenue for any period after this date.

Hope this info will be useful.

Bye,

Muralidhara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

thanks to you both, can you please let me know where i can get more information in handling shortage accruals in SAP Retail.

I am looking some reading material( configuration guides/ support guides or links) which can help me in actually implementing negative stocks concepts.

regars

mohammed

hnmuralidhara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed,

Accruals are maintained for rebate agreements, it constitutes the total accumulated value which customer has earned through rebate, one the rebate for certain amount is settled the amount from the accruals get deducted.

Rebate Agreement using SD Module:

You can use custmer rebate(0003), material rebate(0002) or Rebate on the basis of sales volume(0005) based on your specific requirement.

Bye,

Muralidhara