Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem connecting to a self-made universe with CR 2008

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have the following problem:

When I select my universe in the Database-selection window and drag the objects to the right side of the selection (filter, etc.) and then click "ok" i get the error-message "registration error" (translated from German to English - German original text: "Fehler bei Anmeldung") and nothing happens. I have tried to connect to the sample universes - works fine!

But every single universe I've created so far wasn't usable with CR 2008 (registration-error)

The universes were made on single sap-querys or whole sap-cubes.

The connections are set and the sap-account-details are correct.

The error message has no code or more detailed information on the registration-error.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Andreas

Edited by: Andreas Schroer on Sep 30, 2008 1:32 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

First thing I would check would be to make sure the Universe editor and Crystal are on the same version, as the message you are getting sounds like this may be an issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sean,

thanks for your reply.

I've installed the BusinessObjects Enterprise Premium Version to an external HDD.

Both Installations (CR2008 and BO XI 3.0) were downloaded from the Business Objects downloadportal. So i assume that the version is not the problem.

Nontheless, which versions of both applications should i have?

Oh, and i found the entry: API for Reporting "deactivated"

in the CR2008 license option. But i thought that the offered Install-Packages do have the licenses included..

I'm stuck with this registration-error for almost one month now.

Answers (0)