Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consumptions of PIR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello expert, I have two issues with consumptions of PIR

First it is about consumption mode:

I have PIR´s in Nov 200st, December 100st and January 200st

If I create a sale order in November of 300st and I want only consume PIR of November, not other month ¿How can I do?

(My client only wants to consume PIR in the month of the sale order)

Second: I have a finish product (XXX) with strategy 20 (make to order) requirement class 040; requirements type KE consumption indicator 0 , field no MRP is blank.

This finish product has a semifinsh product (YYY) with strategy 40 (make to stock) requirements classes 101, 050; requirements type VSF, KSV, consumption indicator 1, field no MRP is blank.

Consumption mode: 2 Consumption period: backward/forward: 999. Dependent requirements ind. for individual and coll. reqmts: 2

I create PIR of YYY with Consumption indicator for planning requirements = 3 (Consume customer reqmts, reserv., dependent reqmts)

If I create a sale order of XXX and ran MRP, MD04 of YYY reflect PIR´s of YYY and dependent requerements from planned order of XXX, no consumptions of PIRs are done by dependent requerements. ¿How can I get consumed of PIR by dependent requerements?

Thanks very much

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

For First question , your requirement will not be meet in Standard SAP. system will cosume the PIR within cosmption period either in backward or forward from sale order requirement date.Based on sale order requireemnt date the cosumption period will move in backward or in Forward.

For second question, in planning strategy 70 only , PIR will be reduced by dep requirement of header material.You need to change the Planning strategy for Semi finished material from 40 to 70 and keep the ind/coll requirement = 2 for semi material.

Now run the MRP for finish material and convert the planned order to prod order and check with PIR of semi material at Md04.

Regards

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

your first issue can not be solved with normal config since as u said, there will be issue if u maintain 30 days, so it may cosume earlier PIR if the requirement comes in between the months, so u must ahve work on some exit or something.....

but since it will involve MRP table, i will suggest to stay away from that.

and in 2nd issue, u choosed the wrong strategy, if u read about 20, it will be consumed by Sales orders not the Dependant requirement, u need to use 70 strategy...but i think that will also conflict to your bussines.

since you are raising PIR for the finished product also.

since as per my limited knowledge, i would say, 70 should be used for HALB when u have FG is MTO, basically..... sicne u want HALB in stock and try to reduce down the lead time.

so will suggest you to discuss with use and get the requriement clarified, b4 doing any changes in master data.

Regards,

Pravin Mukkawar

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks you guys, it was strategy 70 what I need but only one thing more that it is necessary, set the indicator for assembly planning, the Mixed MRP indicator, to 1 on the MRP 3 screen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sven, thanks for the answer but I think is not the solution because, for example, if the sale order is for 03/03/2009 and the consumption is backward 30 days maybe a PIR of febrary is get consumed, isn´t it?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For your first question; change the consumption forward/backward from "999" to 30 for example; this way, the PIR's are only consumerd if they are within 30 days counting from the sales requirement.

For your other questions, I suggest to create a new Thread: otherwise it's hard to follow-up (un)answered questions.

regards,

Sven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, thanks for the answer but the the Individual/ collective indicator in XXX Material was already collective

any other idea?

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For your second question, change the Individual/ collective indicator in MRP4 view as Collective for XXX material.

Regards,

Dharma