error in accounting document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

When i am creating PGI i am getting errir message as

Maximum number of items in FI reached

Message no. F5727

Diagnosis

The maximum number of items for an FI document ('999') has been exceeded.

How to solve this document

REgards

Ramesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This error is caused by the large number of items in sales order. normally a FI document can accmodate only upto 999 items . therfore the FI interface is blocking the realease

for the immediate , you can remove some of the items in the sales order

for more of customisation or enhancement please refer to the sap note below on OSS

36353 FICO interface Summarization of FI documents

Hope this helps

Thanks

Akasha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have only nine Line items Ie.,My last Line item number is 90 but the qty is 3126

REgards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Its the manner the accouting document is generated is the issue. the system must be generating multiple lines for each of the deliveries line items and if they are different then the number of lines must be exceeding

you can have a look if any additional customisation has been done to split he delivery documents line or quantity line items delivered

alternatively

you can also have a look at the g/l accounts affecting and then check possibility of sumarising the accouting entries

Thanks

Akasha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

WE have done the batch management,the batched for the items exceeds more than 1000

Will it have any impact

Regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh

Since you have batch active , it must be generating additional entries for every batch that you deliver.

and since the batches exceeds more than 1000 or 500 assuming 2 accouting entries for each bacth

it must be creating the error as it cannot pass on more than 999 accouting entries

therfoer reduce the number of entries of bacthes or do the customisation as per the OSS note

Thanks

akasha

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Check you sales document it should be having line items more than 499.

for each line item there is 2 financial line entried CREDIT and DEBIT.

and 1 FI document can have at the most 999 line item, now you have to do is you need to delet few line items n break your sales document in 2 sales documents and then try

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can do one of the below.

-Implement FI summarization as per note 36353.

-Cancel the original billing document and split it into smaller documents using different payment terms (but actually with the same terms). This will avoid the (999) line item limit for FI postings.

Regards,

Srilatha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

"The maximum number of items for an FI document ('999') has been exceeded."

Due to this maximum range of line item is exceed then 999, so put only up to 999 line item of your transaction then try to save.

Regards,

Mahesh Wagh