Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making Numeric field blank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts ,

i have a requirement to make the numeric field "blank" in some rows of internal table .

its about vendor

whenever any vendor will repeat , i need to display 3 numeric fields "blank" , in that particular row .

please help me on this issue .

thanks in advance .

vijeta

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can't make a numeric field value blank because the initial type value is zero. Instead I suggest you to convert these field to character and then make these new fields blank.

Regards.

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can't make a numeric field value blank because the initial type value is zero. Instead I suggest you to convert these field to character and then make these new fields blank.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One very important thing we cannot make numeric field as blank is can be made initial i.e. 0.

So we have to make the field as character then we can make it blank by initializing it.

thanx.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please use a CHAR field instead of desired length.

When you need to perform any operations, declare a run time integer variable and by type casting assign the char field to this variable.

This will solve the problem.

0 Kudos

Hi ,

it will be helpful if u provide an example .

thanks in advance.

vijeta

Former Member
0 Kudos

can i have any example .

thanks in advance .

vijeta

Edited by: Vijeta Aharwar on Sep 30, 2008 2:38 PM

former_member194797
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are using the WRITE statement, you can use the NO-ZERO option; with this option the entry which has zero value in the table is displayed as spaces.