Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate document question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello community,

I have a short and simple question:

When I create a Sales document (for example Sales Order) and I duplicate this document after I've added it to the system, why does the new Sales Order does not include user-specific changes to item descriptions, etc.) when I change the BP and click "Yes"? Why does this change not only affect the BP Master Data information but also the item information?

Hope my question is understood.

Best Regards,

Holger

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Holger

When duplicating documents, the system always prompts whether to replace based on new customer/supplier. If you select yes the system will look for pricing, discounts, etc. specific to the new customer/supplier. If you click no, the system will use the prices, discounts, etc. from the document being duplicated.

Kind regards

Peter Juby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

thanks for your reply. I knew this procedure and I understand what the system does, one of my colleagues was just complaining that she thinks the whole intention of the duplicate-function is kind of useless if you cannot keep the row information when you change the BP in the process. What would happen if I change the BP and select no? Does the system at least get the correct payment terms for the customer or is everything duplicated from the old document/customer data?

Thanks for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hi Holger,

B1 will try to keep all row level info without change any when you answer no. As for BP, the header file has to be changed to reflect BP default.

Thanks,

Gordon

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Holger,

The Duplicate function will duplicate all the information from the Source Sales Order other than any information that are linked to the BP. Any row level UDF will retain their values.

Some of the things that change are..

Payment Terms, Sales Rep, Special Pricing if any for Items, BP Project, etc

The Row level UDF's are not linked to the BP and therefore will not get refreshed unless you have formatted searches on them.

Suda

marcella_rivi
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Dear Holger,

If I understood correctly you add information in a sales document at row level and when you duplicate the document you answer yes to the question: Update document rows according to BP's data.

Please, can you tell me which version and patch are you using?

Thank you.

Marcella Rivi

Business One Forums Team