Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Screens

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

In my program i have 2 screens,

in 1st screen i have taken customer Number from kna1-kunnr.

now wen i entered the customer number and then execute the system should generate a number for every customer number.

how to generate a number?

please can any 1 help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can work with Number Ranges in this case. you need to create the custom number range object in Transaction SNRO , for getting the number you need to use the Function NUMBER_GET_NEXT , for this you have to supply the number range object.

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Declare a global variable and increment it in PAI, for every customer number. And keep appending the customer number and unique number pair into a internal table. If same customer number is entered again then dont generate a number. In PAI use on input addtion to module.

Thanks & Regards,

Navneeth K.

0 Kudos

thanks for ur quick reply.

can u explain in detail giving example.

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can work with Number Ranges in this case. you need to create the custom number range object in Transaction SNRO , for getting the number you need to use the Function NUMBER_GET_NEXT , for this you have to supply the number range object.

0 Kudos

thanks for ur quick reply.

can u explain in detail giving example.

0 Kudos

there are many examples on this topic. Most of the standard application use the Number range objects. sales orders , purchase orders etc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try this