Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

N-step workflow

former_member526144
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I want to implement the N-step workflow. Can you please suggest me on below scenario.

My business scnerio like below.

We have to setup 10 level approval stragey based on Account assignment,plant,value(driving fields). What we are thinking is we will maintain all the above values at Z tables.

My ztable will contain these fileds.

Requisiotner id,plant,account assignment,value range,approver1,approver2,approver3----10.

Once user creates a shopping cart, system have to check this Z-table and has to pickup all approvers from this z-table.

Can you please suugest us is there any anyway we can implement this type of solution..

Please let me know

Thanks

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Determing the approvers for the SC using Z table would be the simplest method.

You can store the combination of values(e.g. a/c assignment,plant fields etc) in the Z table and the corresponding approver names as well asl the approval levels (no of approvers) for those combinations.

E.g. for SC with values between rs.1- rs.100,level approval would be 1 and the approver would be ABC.

Maintaining Z table will be based on your requirement/fields for determing the approvers.In the BADI ,you will just need to determine the runtime values for the determing fields(e.g. a/c assignment,plant etc) and then fetch the approver names and approval levels from the Z table.

For determing the runtime values for the determing fields(e.g. a/c assignment,plant etc),in the BADI,at the start,use the FM BBP_PD_SC_GETDETAIL to fetch the SC details such as a.c assignment,plant etc and then acc fetch the approver details from the Z table and pass to the export parameter APPROVAL_TABLE in the badi.For more details,refer the documentation of the badi:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm50/helpdata/en/58/c14e3c59bfe747e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

For sample code of N-Level Approver BADI - BBP_WFL_APPROV_BADI,

Refer to this link ->

BR,

Disha.

former_member526144
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Disha,

Thanks for your reply. We will start working on this and we will get back to you if any problems.

Now we have got an idea to start the implemention.

Thanks

Ravi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can implement BADI BBP_WFL_APPROV_BADI method GET_REMAING_APPROVERS for determining N-level of approvers for N-Level approval WF.

You can develop your logic in this BADi and pass the approvers details in the method parameter APPROVAL_TABLE.

If no further approval is required the parameter NO_FURTHER_APPROVAL_NEEDED can be filled.

For further information pls. read the documentation of the BADI.

former_member526144
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for your reply. Can you please explain me how to implement N-step workflow scenario.

Please see my business scenario and please let me know whether we can pass the approver list from Z-table based on some conditions.

We have gone through the workflow sample code and clearly indicates the determination of workflow approvers based on the value limit but where as we have to determine the workflow approvers based on some other conditions not only value limit.

Please let me know whether we can implement this type of workflow scenario in SRM.

Thanks

Ravi