cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with hostname in URL of JDBC connectivity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have small problem with hostname that is used in the JDBC connectivity URL in the channel configuration.

Till now it was working fine but i find some problem then i changed it to IP address and it got resolved.

Can anyone tell me what is the basic reason behind that IP address instead of hostname in the URL ?

Thanks,

Soorya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

dharamveer_gaur2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

actualy connection parameter corresponding to particular host name(IP Address) stored in cache,after IP address changed. now it is unable to found that parameter.

Now refresh your CPA chace,your hostname will work again.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member192295
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

find the below link to find exact JDBC driver information in ur XI/PI system, based on that configure accordingly.

http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/tech/java/sqlj_jdbc/htdocs/winsoft.html

0 Kudos

one simple way to resolve this issue is by adding an entry in the HOST file. put an entry here for the hostname and the ip address and it sould be resolved. Your Basis team should be able to help you with this.

Thanks,

Karthik

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

IP address is the exact location of the system. Hostname are just names that r easier for humans to remember, an alias for the IP. May be you might not be using fully qualified hostname in your case.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I had a connection problem which was resolved by replacing the hostname with the IP address. The hostname previously worked until there was an IP related change made on the DB side.

Now I want to know how the hostname is resolved.

For e.g., if any hostname/IP address caching is done and if the J2EE JDBC Connector connection pool is used.

My understanding is that the J2EE JDBC Connector connection pool is not used and that the DNS resolution is done by the OS (i.e., etc/hosts file).

Can you advise if this is correct?

Thanks in advance,

Soorya

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Exactly the host name & IP address will be configured under Host file in XI server. As far as I know this will resolved at OS level by the application which is trying to access.

Thanks,

Gujjeti.