cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning strategy 52-reg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

when I use planning strategy 52 at assemly level , I create PIR for that assembly level. When I run MRP system creates planned order with VP type only for that header level. i am not geeting any planned order or purchase requistion for dependent requirements. can you please tell me .what could be the problem

Regards

Karthikeyan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried with strtegy 10, system plans for all subassemblies and components.

I created MRP type as P by copying Mrp typr PD.

is it ok?

All the other parameters were maintained .

Regards

karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please maintain PIRs for header level not at the componenent level, Also SG 52 needs to be maintained in the material master for FG followed by individual/collective indicator as 2 for the components

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have maintained PIR only at header level and for sub assemblies maintained stg. group as 52.

Regards

Karthikeyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

No need to maintain strategy group as 52 for components.

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

You need to maintain the strategy 52 for header material and PIR also.

Run MRP in MD02 with planning mode-3 deleted and create.

Please try and check your result.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Following is my requirement.

Assembly A

MRP type : PD

Stg group : 52

consumption parameters maintained.

Ind/coll req : 2

PIR created for assembly with Req. type as VSE

Assemly as one component

Component ( external item) with procurement type as F ,mrp type as PD , and stg gruop as 10 no other parameter maintained in material master.

When I run MRP for assembly,planned order is created with order type VP for assembly . but no PR is generated for the component.

Hope my requirement is clear

Regards

Karthikeyan

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Why are using strategy 52 for assembly? Please try my previous reply you will get the result.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Has dep requirements created for components , please check with Md04.

In header material planned order check with components for BOM explosion. Any exception message for header material planned order .

No need to mantain planning strategy for components, unless it is sale able material and remove the planning stg 10 for component.

Regards

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Now, I am getting dependent requirements. but for all dependent requirement i got planned orders even for procured items having procurement type has F

can you please tell me what could be the issue.

Regards

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Karthik,

Please Run the MRP with creation Indictor = 2 Always Pur requisition it the Initial Screen. Now system will create PR directly instead of Planned order.

Even if you get planned order you can convert to Pur.Req

The reason is , if you might have select the control parameter = 1 or 3 (purchase requisitions within the opening period and planned orders outside of the opening period.) during the MRP.

If you select 3 ,system will create always planned order , out side the opening period , then you need to covert it Purchase req.

This Period is available for MRP controller as float to convert planed order to Pur Req. This is defined at Scheduling Margin Key.

I hope this will solve your problem , if yes please close the Thread

Regards

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Please understand, when i select the planning strategy as 10 for the same assembly every thing is correct. planned orders are created for E items and PRs are created for F items

In MRP creation indicator is maintained as 1. so system will create PR for procured items.

But when I select the strategy as 52. for all dependenet requirement items i got planned orders with order type VP . this cannot be changed to PR.if the order type is LA you can convert to PR.

Hope this is clear.

Please suggest Any other setting is required to get PR for procured items.

Regards

Karthikeyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Karthi,

Please Go through once again all of your above replies.You havenot tried to give the information to fix the Problem.

Anyway my final reply in this issue is , In planning strategy 52 , you can produce the components before the Assembly, Please set ind/coll =2 for Components ( not for Header material ) in MRP View.

Now system will create LA type planned order & u can convert it PR for External Item.

Regards

Pradeep Kumar

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

In strategy 52 you can procure comp based on PIR and production of finished products is based on sales orders.

settings:

In MRP 3 View strategy group 52 for fert.

individual / collective indicator 2 for components.

PIR are created for fert.(Requirement type VSE)

For fert planned order will be created with order type VP which is not convertible.

Also Planned orders will be created for comp with planned order no /stck production / procurement can be made with this planned orders for comp

Have you maintained ind / collective ind 2 for

comp .Kindly check and give the feed back.

Please change the strategy and check the result for confirmation purpose. So we can find out the exact problem.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

pls check whether the following settings are in place as given in SAP help

Prerequisites

You must maintain the following master data for the finished product:

• Maintain strategy group 52 on the MRP screen.

• Set the lot size key EX must be set in the MRP screen because lot size optimization would be incompatible with the allocation logic, which could result in over-planning and incorrect result in the ATP check. You also must ensure that no rounding profile or rounding values are taken into account.

• Maintain consumption parameters (Consumption mode, Bwd consumption, Fwd consumption) so that the independent requirements can be found.

For more information, see

• Consumption Strategies and Logic. Maintain the item category group (for example, NORM) on the Sales Organization screen.

There are no major implications for the BOM components. However, it is important to note the following:

• You need to set the MRP type to P* (or M*) on the MRP screen to plan the components in MRP.

• You may want to consider setting the Individual/coll. Indicator to 2 on the MRP screen as a starting point for your master data setup.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please tell me what are the parameters need to be maintained in material master for Final product with (str 52) and for dependenet requirements.

Regards

Karthik