cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy ports from 1 remote system to another remote sys in same repository?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

i deployed the standard content for Materail repository on mdm server, all the ports and maps got created automatically.

I want to replicate these ports and maps for another remote system in the same repository.

Is there any way of doin it or i have to manually create it?

Regards,

Roshani

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roshini,

As far as i know there is no automated way to copy the ports from one remote system to other.You have to do it manually.

For maps, if they belong to the same repository you can use them for any remote systems once you define the same in console.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Minaz

Edited by: Minaz Kathawala on Sep 30, 2008 12:28 PM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roshni,

I want to replicate these ports and maps for another remote system in the same repository.

For Replicating ports:

In a repository you will have to create it manually with unique names,otherwise when you go for automatic importing, the MDM sytem will get confused as to which ports data to process.

So Automatic replication of ports is not possible and also not recommented.

As with each port the properties will be differnt and will be refering difffernt Remote sytem so manula intervention will be required to make these changes.

For Replicatin the maps:

Again the maps are always associated with a particular remote system automatic transfer of this is not possible.

The only way is to export the map and then import it under an new remote system.

This willmake available the same map for two differnt rem systems.

Hope it helps

Thanks & Regards

Simona

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roshani,

This can be achieved using Export/Import Repository Schema option. First Export the Schema of the repository which contain the desired ports and then select the repository in which you want to import the ports and select Import Repository Schema option, you will get a list which display the differences between the repositories and you can select what you want to add in the new repository.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Minaz.

Well, Jitesh, I want to create these ports in the same repository for a different remote system and What you are saying is correct but it is about replicating the entire repository which i don't want

I hope the question is now clear.

I will appreciate for any kind of help on this

Regards,

Roshani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roshani,

I can suggest you a workaround.

1. Export the repository schema

2. Append a letter or digit a each port (name & code) i.e. rename.

3. Import the repository schema on the same repository and simply add the ports.

Just you need to change the remote system name for the new ports.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja