cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WAD and Export

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi fans,

i have a problem with wad and export to pdf.

my template (schema):

tabstrip-container

container_item_1

analysis-item_1

container_item_2

button_1

button_1 uses api EXPORT

problem:

the export works only if the button_1 is not placed in tabstrip-container

if i place the button_1 after the tabstrip-container (with or without container_item_2) the export works.

any hints?

regards

claus gittner

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I just tried creating a template with the Schema that you have specified.

In TAB1 you have the Analysis item and in TAB2 you have the Export Button, which is on the schema that you have provided.

While defining, the Container Items have to be linked to each Tabs, ie. CONTAINER_1 for TAB1 and CONTAINER_2 for TAB2.In the property of the Button, link the AnalysisItem_1 in Data Binding.

Now, check the output and the button in the 2nd tab does work and the AnalysisItem gets converted to PDF.

I dont know why you r not able to get the desired output.

I would like to add something:

1. Why do u you want the Export Button in another Tab ?

2. You need to have only one CONTAINER_ITEM and put both, the ANALYSISITEM and the BUTTON within it. Assign the container item to the TAB and bind the ANALYSIS item to the button item and export it.

Hope this helps you. plz let me know if you do not get the desired output. or if you are looking for somthing else.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good morning,

i think, i must declare my problem in another way.

two of our chiefs (simple users) are fans of real paper.

i have two analysis items for printaout. each report has a hierarchy which 12 leaves in 4 levels. now i need a print-function for singe leaves or a hierarchy level or hierarchy level with leaves.

i create a container with 18 buttons for printout within the tabstrip

i can generate the pdf from every "position". but if the printout-container is in the tabstrip, i have an empty report.

you see, your hint is right, but dont' help me. do you have a second idea?

claus