cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item Group clasification for GL Accounts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In Inventory from the GL Account determination we assign the GL Accounts for provided fields.

My client requirement is having 5 item groups and each group needs to be linked to separate GL account.

If I assign a GL account to each group will SAP accept and provide me the correct information or is it suggested to have a single GL account for all the groups.

The reason is previously I had raised a question in the forum that the user needs to have an option to select the GL account when entering in the Purchases (PO, GRN, A/P Invoice) for which I got a reply that SAP will not allow to select the GL Account, and is pre-defined in GL Account determination.

Now my question is can I assign different a GL account to a particular group which will update when transactions are happening and do need to take some extra steps which will help me and the client to resolve the problem

Please help me out this issue

Regards

Shanker

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can set the G/L according to Item Group.

Also you have an option of changing this GL which is already fixed in marketing documents. You can enable the "Form Settings -> G/L Account ". Here you can type G/L account other that the one that is set in the Setup.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sridharan,

Thanks for the suggestion.

i am unable to get the screen from Form settings G/L Account.

Also what i wanted for two Item Groups say Grp1, Grp2.

the GL account will be

Grp1 --> GL Account10

Grp2 --> GL Account12

this is what i required and if i am not wrong the same u r suggesting?

Please help

Regards

Shanker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Say you have two item groups - grp1 and grp2.

Now goto Administration ->Setup ->Inventory ->Item Groups -> Accounting

Set All the G/L here for both groups.

Now goto the Marketing Document like 'AR Invoice'.

Now click Form Settings and Enable 'G/L Accounts'

By default the G/L Account set in the Item Groups SetUp would appear here. But you can Change the G/L as per your need.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhranan,

Thanks for the help.

The problem is resolved.

Regards

Shanker

Answers (0)