cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data binding between two different components

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a web dynpro project with two different components and each component made as different application.

If i want pass array of data from one component to another, how can i do it?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Damodhar,

You don't need to create an event to pass data to a used component. You can simply map the interface controller's context of the used component. Go to the properties tab of parent component and add the used components interface controller as a "Required Controller". This will then allow you to map data between them.

Regards,

Karthick K Eswaran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Damodhar,

If you have WebDynpro DC1 and DC2.

in DC1 your component name is : Home

in DC2 your component name is : Login

you want to pass array of parameters from DC1 to DC2.

Right click "Home" >Add to Public part>Give some Name-->click ok

Now go to public parts-> of DC1 you will see Home component over there.

Now in DC2 right click used webdynpro components->add component-->add that Home component as used webdynpro component.

create some context in DC1 and in DC2 now you can access any nodes from DC1 to DC2.

If you need more info let me know.

Regards,

Karthick K Eswaran

vijayakhanna_raman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Use Server-side Eventing to pass parameter between components. Check with this link.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/webas/webdynpro/tu... on server-side eventing - 14.htm

Regards

Vijayakhanna Raman

wenshan_liu
Explorer
0 Kudos

You need to define the first component as the 'Used Web Dynpro Components' in the second component. Then the second one would be able to get access to the first one's interface controller.