Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using the File transactions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While creating a logical file, and uploading it in the Development system using the transaction 'FILE', I am getting a pop up to create a request, which i create.

Now the question is, if i need to create the logical file and upload the files to the application server in quality and production, do I need to create new entries in Quality and production, or do i need to create it in Development, giving the quality system, and production system path in seperate entries and transport it in two seperate entires in Quality and production respectively.

I will certainly avoid points for the solution.

Thanks and Regards,

Thiru

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

I meant, i will certainly award points for the solution

😮

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

normally you create these entries in development system and transport them to quality and production.

Remember: most of these entries are client independent customizing.

The whole sense of these logical defintions are to have an abstraction between the filenames in ABAP-programs and the real filenames on the file-system.

For example: we have interface-files that reside in

development system (T44) on a path named /usr/sap/T44/data/in/fi, in quality system (A44) on /usr/sap/A44/data/in/fi

So we defined a logical path that ZFI_FI_IN with points to the physical path /usr/sap/<SYSID>/data/in/fi/<FILENAME>. That fits for all systems, because <SYSID> is a parameter

which is translated by the function module FILE_GET_NAME.

There are some more parameters that you also may use, like <CLIENT> or <DATE> .

Regards Wolfgang

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to create entries in all environments ( Quality/Production ).

Regards,

Sivaram.