Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hot add new attribute to the object

ashish_nagpal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi guys

i have a requirement that i need to add new attribute to the LEAD object,i know how to enhance the object but the thing is that i need to get

the orginsation responsible information from the lead object and this attribute is not available in the lead object

at the runtime when the lead is created whatever org information is created in LEAD i want to fetch,i.e. fetching the org information at runtime

i suppose i need to create a new attribute which when reflected in LEAD object ,i may use it for further use

now what i am confused about is what will be the logic to fetch the org data at run time

,suppose i create new attribute named org responsible with structure and field containing the info of org,then what should be my logic for the code in the program for the attribute

hope i made myself quite clear

please suugest something asap,

any help will be highly appreciated

best regards

ashish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What's this LEAD object? I couldn't find any of that name in BOR ?

Also,

If you are creating an attribute and that attribute is not available when the wflow started, then you will have to again get an instance of the latest BO after the attribute got the value, Else, it'll not be picked up down the line of wflow.

Pl give more details on your specific requirements to help you out.

Hope this helps

venu

ashish_nagpal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi there

i suppose i did not tell that i am working in SAP CRM version 5.0

here we have lead management ,LEAD is a Business Transaction,

the object for lead is BUS2000108

in BOR you can locate this with this object number

now what i want to do is to pass the Organisation responsible information to the lead object at the run time

but unfortunately there is not any attribute specific to that,so i want toadd that attribute which will fetch me the sales organisation data created at run time while creating lead in CRM system,

i hope i made myself clear now,now what what will be the code for the attribute i am supposed to get created,

please advise

best regards

ashish