Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creation of Package

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

Could u please guide me in Creating a Package - What Transport Layer and Package Type stand for?

What is the difference in the Package Types - like Main Package, Not Main Package, etc?

Thx

Santo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member181995
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

how to create package this is the term with you can search in SDN.

6 REPLIES 6

former_member181995
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

how to create package this is the term with you can search in SDN.

0 Kudos

Nope....

I am specific to my question - What is the difference in the Package Types - like Main Package, Not Main Package, etc?

Santo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can create package by using SE21 tcode.

from SE80 also you can create you package by selecting devclass..

main package means it is the main package..under this package u can create number of packages.

not main package means...you need to create this package under any package.

hope it will give some picture.

Regards,

venkat

0 Kudos

Thx... But...

Is there any restrictions on Main Package and Sub-Package at time of Transporting them?

GauthamV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

This has been discussed in forums lot of times.

SEARCH by giving creation of package.

even u can get the same from help.sap also.

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/ea/c05d8cf01011d3964000a0c94260a5/content.htm]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You might be aware of Transportable & Non-Transportable Objects. All the Non-Transportable Objects (Local Objects) are stored in $tmp.

Now, assigning the Transport Layer identifies the Package whether the Objects are Transportable or non-Transportable. These transport Layers are maintained at the CTS (Change & Transport System).

Hope it was helpful.

Thanks and Regards,

Venkat Phani Prasad Konduri