Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

material no. problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP consultants,

I am facing following problem.

Iam working on ECC 4.7

I have created a material type for non stock material by copying NLAG. Also created material group and assigned no. range to it.

When Iam going to creat any non stock material it creat a no for that material in material master. Let us suppose that when I am creating a material a no 100 is generated but i did not save the material and came out of material master.

When i am again creating the material the material master shows material no. 101 istead of 100.

Please tell me why it is happening and how to restrict it.

Regards.

Sandeep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep:

If number range defined as internal system generates the material number and if you don't save that material the particular number would be blocked. This is due to buffer defined for number range. You can go to transaction SNRO and check the buffer for object MATERIALNR.

Thanks and regards

Rahul R.Deshmukh

Award the point if it suits you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For the material type you have assigned Internal No assignment

Go to OMS2 for the material type change the number

assignment as EXTERNAL then you can create by entering

the new material no as you want

G.Ganesh Kumar

former_member529134
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

This happens due to the buffering of the number range in case of internal number assignment.

Go to SNRO tcode and give object as KREDITOR and remove the main memory buffering tick box.

Regards

Gregory Mathews

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Gregory Mathews, KREDITOR Object is for Vendor Master Number Ranges.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all of you.

Sandeep

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Award Appropriately and Close this thread if Solved.

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are Using Internal Number Range Assignment then it is Standard SAP Behaviour that it will Skip the number when ever you are Quitting the Screen with out Saving.

This is due to Buffer Problem. Please Go to SNRO and Check the Object MATERIALNR & MAT_MDM

Also go thru the Below Link which is Related to your issue.

/community [original link is broken]

Apart from the Above, You can Use Enhancement MGA00002 with FM EXIT_SAPLMG02_001 to Control Material Master Number Range....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is due to internal no assignments.

system allocates the material no from the no range assignment when u entered in the first view of material master.

indpendent of the saving that material.

regards,

sujit