cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between System Currency and internal Currency

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

First, my problem concerne one of my customers who works with SAP B1 2004 PL18.

I have wanted to do a Period End Closing and I have seen that I have an account (a Debit Account 6) which hasn't the same sum in System currency and Internal currency.

I have seen that it is the result of one invoice which is in Internal Currency (Euro). The System Currency is also in Euro. So I should have the same sum in the two currencies in the journal entry. It is not the case.

I have thought to do a Conversion Differencies but I have the impression that it is not possible to make it with a debit account.

I don't know how to do to have the same thing in the two currencies.

And somebody can tell me if the difference of sum in the Period End Closing have an impact in accounting ? which?

Thank you.

Best regards.

Séverine

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

K_Pauquet
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Severine,

SAP Business One allows balance sheet report generation in a currency different from the local currency (LC). This functionality is particularly useful in companies where the headquarters is a different country. Should the local & system currency (SC) be the same, they do not necessarily always have the same balance. Not all transactions affect both LC & SC, e.g. prior to 2005 SP01 exchange rate differences were only posted in LC. Also, rounding postings affect mainly LC.

Please see this Expert Empowerment Session which explains the system behaviour:

[FC & LC are the same, why don't they match?|http://service.sap.com/~sapidb/011000358700000326672008E.zip]

In essence, to adjust the SC, you need to run the conversion differences.

All the best,

Kerstin

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Kerstin

I have resolved my problem.

Séverine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Séverine,

I'm face same issue reported by you in my client.

Could you can explain how to solve the same?

Thansks in advance!

Best Regards,

Ruben

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kerstin

In my case the difference between the two currencies is 1380 euros, it isn't a problem of rounding.

I don't know why but when my customer put 0.12 in the invoice (in the rounding field) the system has put in the journal entry:

0.12 in System Currency

1380 in Local Currency

There is no value in Foreign Currency because the invoice is in Local currency

I want to put the same value in the different currency to do my Period End Closing.

I don't know if I am clear...

Thank you

Séverine

K_Pauquet
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Severine,

it sounds peculiar, not expected system behaviour. I would recommend you log a support ticket.

All the best,

Kerstin