Transfer of R/3 employees to CRM
We have integration between CRM 5.0 and ECC 6.0.
Please let me know how we can transfer employees from r/3 to CRM.
what are required configuration steps that needs to be followed.
Following are the steps for Setting up Transfer of Employee (HR Master) from R/3 to CRM
1. Logical system XXX assigned to R/3 client XXX. Logical system YYY assigned to CRM client YYY view through SCC4
2. Create RFC Destination YYY for CRM client YYY in R/3 and
Server ID with user details and client YYY.
3. Transaction code SALE : Application Link Enabling (ALE) Modelling and Implementing Business Processes Maintain Distribution Model and Distribute Views. (Direct transaction code : BD64)
Go to change mode and select Create Model view.
You get a popup. Fill in the details Technical name, short text and validity
Select Add message type from the application tool bar.
Fill in the following details
Model view : HRCRM
Sender logical system : XXX
Receiver logical system : YYY
Message type : HRMD_ABA
Note : Only this message type works for employee transfer.
4.Save the model. From the same screen select the distribution model and from the menu Environment Generate partner profiles
Dont change anything in the next screen. Simply Execute.
4.Distribute the distribution model HRCRM
Select the distribution model. From the menu bar, Edit Model View Distribute
You get a dialog showing the receiver logical system. Execute.
You get a log Model view HRCRM has been created in target system YYY
5.Go to the CRM system and check up whether this model has been created.
Transaction code BD64
The model has got copied. No changes can be made in CRM
6. Generate partner profiles for the distribution model in CRM by selecting
Environment Generate partner profiles.
In the next screen, do not make any changes and Execute.
Partner profiles can be seen in transaction WE20
Delta Download Settings
7. So far, the above settings will ensure the initial download. However for any changes / new employees to be transferred, i.e delta changes, changes pointers need to be activated.
In R/3, Transaction code SALE, Application Link Enabling (ALE) Modelling and Implementing Business Processes Master Data Distribution Replication of Modified Data Activate Change Pointers Generally (BD61)
This activates change pointers globally for all message types.
8. In R/3, Transaction code SALE, Application Link Enabling (ALE) Modelling and Implementing Business Processes Master Data Distribution Replication of Modified Data Activate Change Pointers for Message Types
Activate change pointer for message type HRMD_ABA
9. CRM : Number Assignments. Generally, there are 3 types of number assignments (also called switches) when business partners are created.
1 The system uses the number from the general internal interval of the number
range object BU_PARTNER
2 The system uses the number from a specific internal interval of the object
3 The number is transferred from HR and a prefix is added. In this case, a specific external interval, which must be defined as XX00000000 (upto
XX99999999), is used (where XX denotes any two letters).
The number range object for all switch positions is BU_PARTNER, with the interval depending on the switch value.
For switch value 1, the system uses the internal standard interval, otherwise for switch values 2 and 3 you must also create a grouping (transaction BUC2) for these intervals. For the system to be able to connect the grouping and the number range interval, the name of the grouping must be exactly the same as the name of the corresponding number range interval (the name of the grouping is contained in the first column of the table). If you select 3 (HRALX/PNUMB = 3) for the number assignment of busienss partners of the employee role, create HRALX/PSUBG switch manually in table T77S0.
In table T77S0, HRALX/ONUMB is used to set the number assignment for organizational units and HRALX/PNUMB is used to set the number assignment for employees.
Create a number range ZZ
Transaction code BUC2. Create a grouping of the same ID as that of the number range. Eg. Number range ID : ZZ and grouping ID should also be ZZ
In table T77S0, maintain the following combinations
HRALX-PNUMB = 2
HRALX-PSUBG = ZZ
10. Make the following customizing changes in CRM
Transaction code SM30 : Table T77S0
Group Sem Abbr Value Abbr
HRALX HRAC X Activate HR Integration with CRM
HRALX OBPON ON Activate integration between Business partners and Org Units
HRALX PBPON ON Integration between business partners and employees
HRALX OPROL BUP004 Role definition for org unit Business partner
HRALX PPROL BUP003 Role definition for Employee Business partner
HRALX ONUMB 1 Number range assignment for org units
HRALX PNUMB 2 Number range assignment for Employees
HRALX PSUBG ZZ Number range grouping only if PNUMB is not 1.
11. Create Employee Master in R/3. Employee master consists of Infotypes. The mandatory infotypes are Actions, Address, Personal data and Organizational Assignment.
Transaction code : PA30
12. In R/3 Initial Download : SE38 RHALEINI
Plan version : 01
Object type : P Person (always)
Object ID : Employee ID eg. 1
Receiver Partner no. : YYY
Select further details
You get all the data transfer details
13. In CRM, transaction code PP01 View HR Master objects
You see that the employee 1 has got transferred. To see the corresponding business partner go to the infotype Relationships (the first row)
Screen 2 gives you the business partner ID in CRM
14. Now change the employee master in R/3. Execute program RBDMIDOC in R/3 to send the changes over to CRM
Put message type HRMD_ABA and Execute
15. All subsequent changes in R/3, i.e changing an existing Master or creating a new one goes through directly by program RBDMIDOC.
16. After all employees are transferred to CRM from R/3 only then its safe to execute initial download CUSTOMER_REL
If an Employee responsible 2 is replaced by 3 in the customer master in R/3, then in CRM, the same is not replaced. Only difference that the sales area assignment is no longer there for the replaced employee in transaction BP relationships.
Hope this would help.