cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message : No administrator found for the task

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am testing Workflow for release of purchase order. I have copied the standard workflow WS20000075 and using it. After creating a new purchase order in ME21N depending on the value of the order it will be released by 2 users.

I have given my user id as one of the approver and a different id as second approver. I am able to release the PO and it goes to the second users inbox.

When i try to execute the workflow from the second user ID it gives a error message

"No administrator found for the task Message no. 5W141"

What could be the problem?

Regards,

RV

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to anlayse the Wflow log. I will suggest you to refresh the buffer by using SWU_OBUF and test again.

Thanks

Arghadip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kar,

I have already analysed the workflow log, it shows agent ready and when i check the possible agents it shows both USER IDs.

What is "SWU_OBUF " ? Is it a function module as i cannot find it in SE37.

Regards,

RV

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

SWU_OBUF is a transaction code. execute this transaction and click on the "start synchronisation" button. this might help.

also, check for the possible agent assignment for the task. it should be made as general.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kar and Vikram,

The TCODE SWU_OBUF works.

But why is this needed. It is not possible to execute this TCODE manually every time right ?

What does this SWU_OBUF actually do ? Please explain . Do you have any links or documents that explains Runtime buffer synchronization.

Regards,

RV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The buffer gets refreshed regularly at midnight. Thus you will have to manually refresh it whenever (but not always) you make some changes in the agent assignment of a task.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Guys,

Regards,

RV

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

sometimes, when you create a new step in the WF and try to test the WF immediately, the new step might not get reflected in the run-time environment. In such cases too, you need to refresh the buffer.

sometimes, u also need to logout and login again to the SAP server before you can test a new templete.

and, sometimes you might need to wait till the next day for testing the changes made in the WF template so that the buffer gets refreshed automatically at midnight.

i have experienced all the 3 scenarios.

most of the times it is resolved by simply refreshing the buffer.

some cases might require you to logout and login again.

and in rare cases you will need to wait till the next day.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

Thanks for the info

Regards,

RV