cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Class method in workflow task - two parameters to be returned

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am using a class method in a workflow task and at present its returning one parameter back. Now we need to return something else too. I have figured out that we cannot have more then one returning statement, hence I will have to use exporting.

My question was :

Can I use exporting in a workflow task ? I mean will it work the same way..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

May be I did not get the question right, however any data that need to be passed back to workflow from the method has to be sent via export parameters. And you can have as many export parameters as required

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Manish for ur reply. My question is , would return work different then export if used in task method ?

As in does it make any diffference to binding ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

have you tried it using export parameters?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I have tested the method , but I cannot test it in completeness i.e the workflow side since functional person is not in...I was wondering if there is any difference , from workflow point of view, between export and return..

as in is it mandate to use return only and not export ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

although it wont make any difference, results are mostly used to return the (main) result of a synchronous task.

You can however use export parameters for the same.

A method can only ever have one result, but it can have any number of return parameters as well. A method does not necessarily have to have a result.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i haven't tried it, but in my opinion it should work.