cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Handling

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

From the day-1 with XI I am struggling to handle my exceptions.

For example in one of my scenarios File to XI to IDOC.

Let us assume we are getting SSN & Salary and this has to go to IDOC. One of the record what we have received last night contained an Alpha Numeric value in SSN and it totally failed or the whole file was rejected.

I know I should have checked a Numeric Check on SSN and then based on that I would have routed, but we are having atleast 75 fields coming from the file and its not possible or its not meaningful to check the data type first and then send for processing.

What I am looking is, if there is a data exception, the Message mapping is going to fail and its going to hault the whole process, instead if there is a problem in the message mapping for a particular record, if there is a way to erred record in a separate basket and keep going with remaining good records for processing.

Any weblogs, any pointer will be greatly appreicated.

Thnaks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jenni,

have a look at this weeks blog, from Alex. Also have a look at transaction SXI_MAPPING_TEST and check whether it helps further!

Regards, Jaime Farinos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jaime, Please tell me where should I look

have a look at this weeks blog, from Alex. I am very new to this forum Please help me.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jenni,

Using the link below you can find all the weblogs in XI.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/weblogs/topic/16

Regards

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks anand. I was trying to look the Alex Blog, but I dont see at all.

I selected the Weblog from the top left corner and also the link you have provided(both took to the same place), but I am not sure where I am going wrong. Please assist me in locating the Alex Blog.

thanks a lot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jenni,

If you select 'Weblog' from top left corner it will give you all the weblogs (ABAP, EP, XI...etc).

But the link in my previous post gives just XI weblogs.

Use the link provided in my previous post and just find (use ctrl+F) for Alex.

Not sure which weblog Jamie was refering to.

Regards

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe this is the blog being looked for...

/people/alessandro.guarneri/blog/2006/01/26/throwing-smart-exceptions-in-xi-graphical-mapping

it talks about excpetions from XI mapping...

However, i still donot think this will address the original issue...the blog talks about having custom exception messages(which is really helpful) which can be seen in tracing.....

Thanks,

Renjith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Anand. You are so helpful and So Nice.

Question : do you ever sleep? I see all the time you in this Weblog?

Thanks for all the help you are doing to the XI World. Appreicated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

no problem...

Infact I sleep a lot, especially on weekends )

It's just that we work in same timezone..

The weblog suggested by Renjith is this weeks featured weblog...may be Jamie was referring to the same weblog..

Regards

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot. Got it

Throwing Smart Exceptions in XI Graphical Mapping By Alessandro Guarneri

Thanks All of you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jenni,

Have a look at this document...this case study is very similar to your scenario..but needs extensive Java coding

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/99593f86-0601-0010-059d-d2d...

Regards

Anand