cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mouse Over Event handling - Webdynpro

0 Kudos

Hi,

We are working on a sample Webdynpro application. We want to show a pop up window on Mouse over of a control. Is this possible in WebDynpro? Do we have a handle for the mouse over event!?

Kindly help.

Best Regards,

Anusha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anusha,

Regarding Tooltip in webdynpro

We will be having a Tooltip property for the UI element say InputField.

we can set that property both by static and dynamic

1) if u go for static -- you can just hardcode the text at tooltip property.

2)Dynamic -- just create a Context Attribute of type String and just bind to the ToolTip property of that UI element.

and you can set that in our implementation code like

wdContext.currentContextElement.set<<attr name>>("Please enter country name")

-

then whenever the mouse or focus goes to that particular UI element this tooltip will be shown

Regards

Raghu

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

0 Kudos

Need code snippet

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi anusha,

If it is simply a tooltip that you would like to be displayed then there is a tooltip attribute that can be set when using the HTMLb controls, or the method setTooltip("my tooltip"); when using the APIs. If you need more of a mouse over event, then I would personally use standard HTML instead. You can use the same css classes that are used when creating HTMLb components so that the button would look the same, but it would be more under your own control

some code snippets are there in this link if you are using bsp.

thanks

vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the above info.

Can some one tell me how to integrate HTMLB controls in Webdynpro?

Thanks

Kiran

0 Kudos

Hi all,

Does anybody have a code snippet for the same using the HTMLb in Webdynpro that you can share.

Regards,

Anusha

former_member192434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anusha,

it is not available with 7.0 but you can do it by adding onMouseOver event to htmlb:Button

If it is simply a tooltip that you would like to be displayed then

there is a tooltip attribute that can be set when using the HTMLb controls,

or the method setTooltip("my tooltip"); when using the APIs. If you need more of

a mouse over event, then I would personally use standard HTML instead. You can use

the same css classes that are used when creating HTMLb components so that the button

would look the same, but it would be more under your own control

Thanks

Anup

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the answers! . But how exactly is the tool tip implentation done (I guess tool tip is supported by

webdynpro).

Regards,

Anusha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

But how exactly is the tool tip implentation done (I guess tool tip is supported by

webdynpro).

Tool tips are supported , create a context attribute of type string and bind this to the tooltip property of the UI element.

Have a look at this https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/8062c7d3-c86f-2b10-4894-a9a323da... for the upcoming features.

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

I dont think we have an action like that. All that we can do in onEnter() method only

Regards

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

According to my knowledge its not available with 7.0.

Regards,

ramesh.