cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Netweaver job scheduler - can this be used in XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm in the process of downloading the new Netweaver job scheduler (solution).

I have a need to schedule FTP adapter since we cannot use polling mechanism to get file from the mainframe. We don't want to accidently read files twice in a day for several reasons.

I found this in SAP Service Marketplace

Job Scheduling capabilities of SAP NetWeaver

The new OEM solution for SAP background processing and job control in SAP’s applications available through the SAP NetWever platform at no extra cost

With Job scheduling capabilities of SAP NetWeaver, it is the first time possible to have a landscape-wide scheduling solution to define, control, and manage jobs from a central point of administration. Embedding a true enterprise-wide job scheduling solution in SAP NetWeaver is key for the success of an integration and application platform

Is anyone using Netweaver job scheduling capabilities for this? Can you please share your experience in scheduling adapters / BPMs.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jan-erik_lovlie2
Explorer
0 Kudos

In response to your question "SAP Netweaver job scheduler - can this be used in XI':

If by XI you mean SAP Exchange Infrastructure which is part of the SAP NetWeaver platform, then yes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

reposting. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guest,

Are you referring to SAP CPS (Central Process Scheduling) that runs on SAP Solution Manager?

If it is, it really is an excellent tool to manage all the jobs in your landscape from one central location (i.e. SOLMAN).

Guest wrote:

The new OEM solution for SAP background processing and job control in SAP’s applications available through the SAP NetWever platform at no extra cost

I've also done some investigation from an X/PI/PO perspective on this tool because like you, I also needed "orchestrate" the polling of the File/FTP channels.

There are 2 "versions":

- The "no extra cost" version does exactly what you've quoted,i.e. "for SAP background and job control in SAP's application...". This would cover your SM36/7 type job scheduling.

- The paid for version of this software would do exactly what you are looking for from an X/PI perspective.

Regards, Trevor