cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transfer posting from 1 source material to 2 destination materials

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

I have a scenario that need your help with.

Users procures a certain material "A" this is one material however it can be dismantled and sold separately as "B" and "C" or in one piece as "A". Think of it as a telephone which can be either sold as complete set or separately as dialpad and earpiece 1 piece each.

How can I convert material A to be 1piece each of B and C. Material to material transfer posting will not solve this it has to have only 1 receiving material. ( is there any other way to post from 1 source material to 2 destination material?)

One suggestion I got is to create a BOM with parent A having 2 child B and C and manage the stock at child level and not parent level. This will enable the user to order material A from vendor but when doing a GR the stock for B and C will be incremented 1 each. So A only acts as a dummy material -- sounds like a good solution but I cannot seem to create such a BOM. I created a material BOM CS01 with A as parent and B and C as child. However when I do a Goods Receipt I get the stock in A and not B and C.

Can anyone please advise if this kind of BOM can be created and how ?

Other than this BOM scenario solution is there any other possible solution anyone can recommend?

Thanks

Anant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member318507
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

It can be done in subcontracting scenario.Any how before that try the below options.

Create the BOM with negative quantity.ie with -ve in the quantity column.

And continue with your original process.

Regards,

Ravindran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravindran

can you please elaborate on your answer? what does it mean -ve in quantity column.

When creating BOM we can pick BOM usage from below. Is it one of these that you are referring to?

1 + . - . . - Production

2 . + - . . - Engineering/design

3 . . - . . . Universal

4 - - + . . - Plant maintenance

5 . . - . . + Sales and distribution

6 . . - . + . Costing

7 . - - - . . Empties

8 + . - . . . TD-relevant group BOM

9 + . - . . - Repair/Rework

A . . - . . . Production/Sales/Calc./Develop

C . . - - . - Recycling/Separation

D - + - - - - Engineering/design BOM

E - . + . . - Spare parts Catalog BOM

G . . - - . . Packaging BOM

H - + - - - - Structure of substances

M . . . . . . FZ,RV,US additional costs

O - + - - - - Product content substances

P . . - . . . Project/Solution Business

R . . + . . . Plant maint./Refurbishment

S - + - - - - System/Product Configuration

Z - - . - - - add.costs before shipment

I tried case 5 but what happens is when you do a good receipt it adds the stock quantity for the parent material and not for the children which is not helping. Do you have any ideas how to configure the BOM so that when I do the GR the stocks are added for the child and not the parent.

Thanks

Anant

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anant,

Several people have been searching for such solution in SAP, sorrowfully - as per my best knowledge - it doesn't exist, except in retail the so called structured article scenario:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/2b/b03886df3611d1953b00a0c930e0da/frameset.htm

You have to options:

- have stock from material_A

- have stock from material_B and material_C

You cannot solve (in standard SAP) to do GR for material_A and get the stock from material_B and material_C.

According tom your explanation, you need information on the components (B & C), and you also need to sell them, that's why it seems reasonable to have the stock at component level.

(recap: PO has to be issued for B & C - you cannot create a PO for A and receive B & C unless you work with Retail)

Regards,

Csaba

former_member318507
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

If you are looking for permanent solution , then you need to configure customized subcontracting scenario for that.

Scenario: Create internal Vendor, such that you supply the material A to the vendor as a KIT and vendor will perform the de-kitting operations and supply as de-kitted parts ie material B & material C seperately.You need to raise a sub-contracting PO to the internal vendor.

As a temporary workaround, not sure have you configured sub contracting PO or not. Anyhow try the option

enter the B & C materials in the PO components with -ve quantity...ie if you order material A for 5 quantity,

then enter the B & C material with -5 quantity in the item level.