Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

transfer posting from 1 source material to 2 destination materials

Dear All

I have a scenario that need your help with.

Users procures a certain material "A" this is one material however it can be dismantled and sold separately as "B" and "C" or in one piece as "A". Think of it as a telephone which can be either sold as complete set or separately as dialpad and earpiece 1 piece each.

How can I convert material A to be 1piece each of B and C. Material to material transfer posting will not solve this it has to have only 1 receiving material. ( is there any other way to post from 1 source material to 2 destination material?)

One suggestion I got is to create a BOM with parent A having 2 child B and C and manage the stock at child level and not parent level. This will enable the user to order material A from vendor but when doing a GR the stock for B and C will be incremented 1 each. So A only acts as a dummy material -- sounds like a good solution but I cannot seem to create such a BOM. I created a material BOM CS01 with A as parent and B and C as child. However when I do a Goods Receipt I get the stock in A and not B and C.

Can anyone please advise if this kind of BOM can be created and how ?

Other than this BOM scenario solution is there any other possible solution anyone can recommend?

Thanks

Anant

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question