Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

transfer posting from 1 source material to 2 destination materials

Dear All

I have a scenario that need your help with.

Users procures a certain material "A" this is one material however it can be dismantled and sold separately as "B" and "C" or in one piece as "A". Think of it as a telephone which can be either sold as complete set or separately as dialpad and earpiece 1 piece each.

How can I convert material A to be 1piece each of B and C. Material to material transfer posting will not solve this it has to have only 1 receiving material. ( is there any other way to post from 1 source material to 2 destination material?)

One suggestion I got is to create a BOM with parent A having 2 child B and C and manage the stock at child level and not parent level. This will enable the user to order material A from vendor but when doing a GR the stock for B and C will be incremented 1 each. So A only acts as a dummy material -- sounds like a good solution but I cannot seem to create such a BOM. I created a material BOM CS01 with A as parent and B and C as child. However when I do a Goods Receipt I get the stock in A and not B and C.

Can anyone please advise if this kind of BOM can be created and how ?

Other than this BOM scenario solution is there any other possible solution anyone can recommend?

Thanks

Anant

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question