cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T code reqd for External No range which is reqd at the time of posting AFAB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

While i am running AFAB,the system shows that i have to give external no range for doc type.I have given no range in FBN1 but system denies.Can pl provide T code for external no range which is reqd for Depn run.

Pl advise.

Regards,

Samar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This question is answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

Thanks for your reply.

After running AFAB,follwing error comes:

"Create document number range 24 using external number assignment.

Message no. AA759

Diagnosis

Processing had to be terminated, since you set up the document number range 24 for the year 2008 with internal number assignment.

System response

You should create a document number range with external document numbers for periodic depreciation posting, since the document numbers are not assigned from Financial Accounting, but by the posting program of Asset Accounting. The external number assignment, therefore, should not be understood as manually entering the document number. It is only external from the point of view of the Financial Accounting application.

Procedure

Change the number range 24 from internal to external number assignment in Asset Accounting Customizing."

Now pl advise me how i can change no range from internal to external.

Regards,

Samar

srinivasa_maruvada
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Goto TCode FBN1

Enter Controlling area and select change intervals button

Select interval button

Enter No as 24 and Year as 2008 and Number range from/to and select Ext Check box and save

Cheers

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

TC FBN1.

Click first on Status to see if there are numbers used, when this is the case it is better to create a new number range and assign this number range to your doucment type

Change intervals an select for number range 24 EXT.

Than it should be working.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In OBA7 you can see the number range you are using for your document type. (I think AF

In FBN1 you can change the number range to External

Note in the old versions (4.6) the number range is external and in new versions internal!!

Have a look to the numbers used and start the new number range from that number.

Only that document type and number range should be used for AFAB! Don't assign this number range to other document types!!